Why are deleted messages coming back?
KelvinLatner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello!

I've been using the Verizon Messaging app for awhile now, and recently, after an update, I've noticed deleted messages coming back...!!!???

I receive a text/message, read it, delete it, and then, awhile later, when I receive a new test/message, some of the recently deleted text(s)/message(s) return!?!?

I reported this as a bug, and have received another update to the messaging app, yet the deleted messages are still returning... 

Anyone else having this much fun!?!? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are deleted messages coming back?
Not applicable

Hi KelvinLatner,

RE: UPDATE 6.2.3

If you have not already, please update  to  version 6.2.3  which contains a number of fixes.   The update can be installed from  PLAY STORE. 

If the issue continues, please let me  know.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

For more tips, please refer to the USER GUIDEs on the Verizon Message+ Community Forum

http://vz.to/1Lb1tKI

Thank you!

ALIE @ VERIZON MESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KelvinLatner, have no fear, help is here. I know that getting unwanted messages back in your phone can be an annoyance. Let's take a look to see what's going on.  What's the make/model of your device? Do you have your text messages backed up to Verizon Cloud?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KelvinLatner
Enthusiast - Level 1

After seeing several others having the same problem, I have uninstalled the Messaging app.  Problem solved.

Not applicable

Hi KelvinLatner,

RE: UPDATE 6.2.3

If you have not already, please update  to  version 6.2.3  which contains a number of fixes.   The update can be installed from  PLAY STORE. 

If the issue continues, please let me  know.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

For more tips, please refer to the USER GUIDEs on the Verizon Message+ Community Forum

http://vz.to/1Lb1tKI

Thank you!

ALIE @ VERIZON MESSAGES

0 Likes