Why am I not receiving full text messages if they're too long?
Hansen93

I am using the Message+ app on my Asus Zenfone V with the Nougat build. My problem is that when I receive messages longer than 160 characters, the message gets broken up and shuffled out of the sender's intended order. Additionally, while the first and last resulting messages stay intact, entire sections of these longer messages simply do not reach the app. This means that if someone sends me a message that is over 160 characters, I'm often missing portions of their message so I can't understand them. I have the Message+ app on my laptop as well, and messages are being received with the same problem in the same way. Thanks in advance for your help ensuring all messages are delivered in their entirety. Let me know if you need any more information about hardware or software being used, to diagnose the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I not receiving full text messages if they're too long?
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you try going back to the default SMS app? If you receive a Text Message > 160 characters, is part of it missing still?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hansen93, 

I know how broken messages can be difficult to understand when received in a different order than intended. We're here to help. When did this start? Have you tried using another messaging app (default, third party, etc...)? Does this happen all the time? 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hansen93

This issue has been happening since I've started using the phone, probably around three months. I just tried using the Google Messages app and I still have the same issue, both being out of order and missing portions. It only happens with long messages, but it happens from any sender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Are you having any issues receiving any text messages at all? Do you have any issues with MSS or picture messages? Have you tried clearing the app cache? Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Let us know if this last step helps.

JavierMD_VZW

Thank you for the information. Are you having any issues receiving any text messages at all? Do you have any issues with MSS or picture messages? Have you tried clearing the app cache? Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Let us know if this last step helps.

0 Likes