Why am I getting text messages saying I have messages waiting for me?
dperkins001
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a text from [removed] that said "Bobby: Messages are waiting for you. Download Message+ to read these messages at [Removed]

... My name is not Bobby... And I don't want to go to that website to find out what they are doing. Can someone at Verizon tell me if this is a phishing scam or not?

Thanks,

Not Bobby

Personal information and link removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting text messages saying I have messages waiting for me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving an unsolicited text can be alarming and we appreciate you reaching out, Dperkins001. From the sounds of it, it does sound like a Message from Message+ but just to be on the safe side we would like to take a closer look over your account. Please reach out to us directly so we can further assist by sending us a Direct Message. Click on the link for steps on How To: Direct Message .

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

dperkins001
Enthusiast - Level 3

The response I got via Twitter DM was:

"Okay that is good to hear, Dave. I don't want anything to jeopardize your safety. Anytime we send a message we always have the quote of this is a free vzw message and then we state the reason for our message. Please do not reply to any messages that show in this manner. "

And they said that they would take down that phone number and look into it.  Then they asked to add my Twitter handle to my VZW account info so that they could more easily pull up my account info the next time I contact them via Twitter.  Seemed like a good idea, sooooo... we did that.  Anyway.  Seems like they're paying attention to this stuff, but I have no idea if there has been any action.  Just so people know, this DOES appear to be a scam.  Please do not fall for it.  And the Admin may want to de-activate that link, not just the phone number it came from.

Thanks!

0 Likes
GREY_SHHADOW

I got the same text message Feb.5, 2018.

0 Likes