Why Can't Some Of My Contacts Recieve My Texts?
aking1954

Since the latest update I have several contacts name appearing in blue and when I send a text to them is says "chat" instead of "sms". I uninstalled from the Application Manager and now I don't have some features. Is a fix coming real soon, because I need to be able to text for business purposes.

Any assistance is appreciated quickly.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SOME CONTACT UNABLE TO RECEIVE MY TEXT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s definitely important to be able to send & receive messages reliably, aking1954. As tikibar1 mentioned there was an issue with a recent update to the Verizon Messages+ application. We did roll out another update last evening that corrected the issue. Have you updated your application since this started happening? If so, are you still having the same issue?
JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which "latest update" do you have?  There's been three in as many days.  Version 6.4.3 was released today.

0 Likes
SHAPOW69

if chat appears it works for me, if sms appears it does not. And all my iphone friends come up sms

0 Likes
aking1954

I don't know what update it was but I uninstaller the whole & went back to

the original version. Did the new update correct the issue? I see several

people are having the same problem.

Thanks and make this a wonderful day!

Angie

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jgraybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whatever you do, DO NOT revert back to your phone's stock messaging app! I tried that and it totally prevented me from getting any texts and almost cost me my job when my boss texted me on his way to a client meeting asking for their number, and he called me screaming.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, it's like the issues caused by the Verizon Messages updates, i.e., what's an issue for some isn't for others, and what works for some isn't working for others.  Switching to the stock text app works for some; unfortunately, as you've indicated, it's not working for others.  Hopefully VzW will get things squared away soon with the VM app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s definitely important to be able to send & receive messages reliably, aking1954. As tikibar1 mentioned there was an issue with a recent update to the Verizon Messages+ application. We did roll out another update last evening that corrected the issue. Have you updated your application since this started happening? If so, are you still having the same issue?
JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
aking1954

Thx for responding, I updated this morning & so far so good I think. Thanks

for fixing this for texting is 90% of my communication.

Thanks and make this a wonderful day!

Angie [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes