Re: Why Are My Messages Stuck On Sending?
heathern
Enthusiast - Level 1

my messages frequently won't send either.  get the message "not delivered."  always hung up at about 10% of the bar going across.  even when I hit "try again."  doesn't happen all the time.  no pattern per se.  very frustrating!  I have iphone 8 plus. Now I hear a text coming in....but there's nothing there!  messages are getting lost.  NOT OK!  Never used to have any problems texting.  We get some spotty coverage in our area lately.  I have had Verizon for 20 years.  thinking about switching.  😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure you have a perfectly working device for many years to come. Is this happening when you send an iMessage? Does this happen to all texts, Android or iPhone? Does this happen everywhere or only at home? I'm eager to hear back from you. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
SUDS2OLD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exactly the same question. Sent a picture, but the picture got 'stuck' and never got sent. This happens several times a week. What is going on? What is the problem with the Verizon software that causes this problem? Samsung J3, inside or outside, WiFi or no WiFi -- there is no pattern. From the board, I can see that this problem has been going on for years -- why has this not yet been escalated as a higher priority issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want all of your messages to be sent, SUDS2OLD. We are here to help. 

Are you using the native Messaging app that came on your phone or our Message+ app? Are you having any issues with data access or calls, when Wi-Fi is turned Off? 

Is this happening with all contacts you message or just certain ones? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
dpienta

Mine our stuck on sedning in the Verizon messaging app as well.  Then 2 different text recipients with 2 different messages both told me (while this was stuck on sending) they kept getting multiple copies of the same image from me.  

It is so annoying!  Verizon, please fix this!  Galaxy Note 10 with all of the updates completed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern that your messages are delayed in being sent and are sending multiple copies. We want to assist you in any way possible. May I ask, did this just recent begin happening? Are you having problems with calls or data as well? In addition, does this happen with the native messaging app on your android device?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
messageplusfustration
Enthusiast - Level 1

On message + app the keep sending notification only happens  when sharing a link in group messages. I have to reboot the phone to make it go away. It also gets rid of the shared link. Like the message never exited. Why does this happen?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

messageplusfustration, that's certainly odd behavior for your app to exhibit. We can definitely look into it. What is the make and model of your device? When did the issue start? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Also, to ensure our app developers are aware, please send an email to verizonmessages@verizonwireless.com to our app developers with your phone make and model, Verizon Messages+ app version (shown at the bottom of the Settings screen) and a description of the behavior exhibited. Since the app is being updated for RCS capabilities we want to ensure it's not related to the updates taking place. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
udogg
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not an app problem.  I have tried on multiple apps and the same thing happens.  It has been happening for over a year.  It happens periodically when i send from my Samsung S9+ to a group of iphone users.  It happens on multiple chains and only in that situations.  It does not happen when one on one so only when I am sending mms to iphones.  I have uninstalled, force stopped, cleared data, turned on and off phone, replaced phone and anything else i have read other places.  This is a verizon issue.  If there is anyone who could figure this out I would be forever indebted.  I also am a 20 year verizon person who is considering leaving.

Also just to be clear this has nothing to do with wifi.  it is the same if i am on wifi or data.  It just says "sending" and no one sees it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

udogg, thanks for those details. Does this issue occur when you use the standard default messaging app that comes with your phone? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes