When will message plus have a block capability similar to the capability of Samsung Messages, and most others>
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most messaging apps these days have a block capability - similar to what the phone provides for calls.  Verizon says I can block messages, but only from 5 numbers thru the "My Verizon" app - this is pretty lame.  At any given time I have 20-50 numbers blocked on my phone due to spam calls, and while I get much less spam text, I have no reason to believe 5 is anywhere near enough.  When will message plus, an otherwise very useful messaging app get a block capabilty?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will message plus have a block capability similar to the capability of Samsung Messages, and most others>
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newvalve,

I understand wanting to have the ability to block any unwanted contact. Let's look into this together. What make and model phone do you have? Are you only wanting to block a contact from messaging you? A number of phones allow you to block calls and text on the block list. 

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When will message plus have a block capability similar to the capability of Samsung Messages, and most others>
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

Brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

I'm only asking that message plus be fully competitive with other messaging programs.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The blocking capability might be included in the dialer application on the Note 8.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Newvalve,

I certainly understand the benefit of being able to block as many numbers as you can. That's great that you have the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I looked through the features of your phone and see that if you were to add a number to the block list via the phone app, it will indeed prevent text messages from coming through. Below is a link that will walk you through adding a number to the block list on your phone:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note8/simulator/?&utm_medium=carrier#FEATURE_...
Does this help?
GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nuro
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Google Messages app does this also.  In the app you can chose to block a number that texts you.  This is separate from the Google Dialer and call blocking.

0 Likes