Re: When Message+ is not default app I don't get certain group messages
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I believe the group originator is using Verizon Message + app (Not sure if its an iPhone or Android) but I believe its Android.

On my Note 8, both "Multimedia Messages," are Auto Retrieve and Group Conversations" are enabled. I have not found this makes a difference turning them off or on.

NOTE: I did ask the group originator to remove me from the group and add me back by my cell number only and they did but still having the same issue.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, it is very strange...That you're not able to receive a certain group messsge, but you're somehow able to receive other group messages regardless of whichever Default Messaging App your using.  My next question was going to be: Do you know if that certain group message was originated in the Verizon App or the Samsung App; but the Verizon Rep already asked that question.  If I was to guess, I would have to say that the issues lies within the group message that You're having issues with; due to the fact that you can still receive group texts in both the Verizon & Samsung Apps.....Hopefully the Verizon Rep can shed some light on this issue and resolve it...

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

PAUWHI2, we appreciate your proactive troubleshooting steps and want to ensure that you are able to receive all the messages from your group text. Help is here. Have you tried uninstalling Messages Plus to see if this will allow you to receive all the group texts in your Samsung messaging app? Samsung Galaxy Note8 - Uninstall Apps | Verizon Wireless In addition, have you ever logged into Messages Plus on any other device besides your Note 8?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered the solution for my issue. I went into the Verizon Message+ application and deleted my account. The application told me that I my account would be removed and I would be removed from all group chats. I said OK then I made Samsung message app my default app and I asked to be added back to the group chat and after that I was getting all of the messages in the Samsung message pass again.

0 Likes