When Message+ is not default app I don't get certain group messages
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

If someone creates a group in message+ app and you switch to another message app as your default app the mms group chat messages will not show up in the new message app. I have to go into the message+ app and set it to default app in-order to see the group chat messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When Message+ is not default app I don't get certain group messages
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I discovered the solution for my issue. I went into the Verizon Message+ application and deleted my account. The application told me that I my account would be removed and I would be removed from all group chats. I said OK then I made Samsung message app my default app and I asked to be added back to the group chat and after that I was getting all of the messages in the Samsung message pass again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is the 'other' Message app that you switch to?  What make/model phone(s) is this happening on?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Note 8 and I'm using the Samsung message app

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, that's how it works......Whenever you switch to a New Default Messageing App, you will lose some primary features of the previous messaging app, due to the new App having PRIMARY CONTTOL of ALL  your messages.  So You're gonna have to decide which App you want to keep as your Default Messaging App.

If you like the Verizon Message Plus App, but you'd still like to have an alternate message app as a backup on your phone.  Go to the Google Play Store and download the "Pulse SMS" Messaging App.  This is a great calling and texting app, and it's one of the few messaging apps that can still function on Your phone WITHOUT being set as the Default Messaging App.

0 Likes
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think you understand what is happening.

- I do NOT want to use the message + app by Verizon. I want to use the Samsung message app as my default message app. If I open either app, it says I need to make it my default app. Ok, that is not a problem and I do that. HOWEVER...

once I switch over to Samsung message app as my default message app I lose messages from a certain MMS Group chat. I get all of the other group chats and individual chats. If I open Message+ and make it my default app I then get all of the messages sent to the MMS Group chat.

This is broken. I should get any text sent to my phone number, regardless what chat application I'm using. This is an issue with Verizon's Message + app.

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Were the messages in your certain Group MMS  Chat; originally created when you were using the Verizon Message Plus App?  Were the other Group Messages that you can still receive created under the Samsung App or the Verizon App?

0 Likes
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not create the MMS Group that will not send text messages to any other message app other than Verizon Message+. I have created group chats in both Verizon msgs app and in Samsung msgs app and everything else comes through.

Bottom line, the Verizon msgs app needs to send every text to my phone number regardless which msgs app I'm using.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It seems that message apps may have default servers they use and when a group message is created, somehow the default server for your number/message app is remembered.  When you change the default app, the server routing messages to your number is changed and the group chain isn't updated.  This is just my speculation and maybe a Verizon tech support person can jump in here and help explain how the messaging apps associate our numbers with servers for routing and how group texts (MMS) are handled differently that SMS.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
PAUWHI2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with Joe, Its about time for a Verizon tech to join this thread and help resolve the issue. Verizon Messages

colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

PAUWHI2,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want to make sure that you are able to receive your messages, including group messages.

A factor will be whether the messages are being delivered to your actual number, because MMS may be delivered using data, and therefore not be sent "to" your number. This is likely what is occurring here, evidenced by the fact that certain group messages are working but this one is not.

Do you know if the group originator was using Verizon Messages when the group started? Are they an iPhone or Android user?

On your Note 8, if you visit the Settings of Samsung Messages, select "More Settings" and then "Multimedia Messages," are Auto Retrieve and Group Conversations enabled or disabled? Does toggling either one make a change?

Please let us know your results.

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes