What exactly does "enable chat" do on verizon messages?!
Hbkseanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an issue with verizon messages randomly having badge notifications even when there is no new text.  The badge just turns on and says 2 or 3 or whatever.

Also message sit on "sending"... even though sometimes they actually have sent..........

so what does "enable chat" even do?  Is it necessary?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What exactly does "enable chat" do on verizon messages?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Messages offers many features and options, Hbkseanmichael. We know how upsetting it can be when random things start happening for no apparent reason, though. You've come to the right place for help. We're going to work backward here in order to answer all your questions.

Enable chat is one of the advanced settings options within Verizon Messages that allows you access to chat-style features. These include graphic emoticons (as opposed to using special characters) and access to a larger selection of attachable items (such as pictures found online, sayings, and the like) just to name a couple.

Messages that sit on "sending" when they've been sent: I know what it's like to experience that. This can happen in cases where the recipient's message delivery system doesn't inform your phone of the message delivery. We would be glad to look further into this with you. Does it only happen with certain contacts? Does it happen only at certain times of day, or only in certain areas?

We'd also be glad to look into what's causing the random popups of the badge, that display new texts even though there are none. Both of these random happenings may potentially be corrected by resetting the Verizon Messages app. What model device do you have? When did these issues start?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What exactly does "enable chat" do on verizon messages?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon Messages offers many features and options, Hbkseanmichael. We know how upsetting it can be when random things start happening for no apparent reason, though. You've come to the right place for help. We're going to work backward here in order to answer all your questions.

Enable chat is one of the advanced settings options within Verizon Messages that allows you access to chat-style features. These include graphic emoticons (as opposed to using special characters) and access to a larger selection of attachable items (such as pictures found online, sayings, and the like) just to name a couple.

Messages that sit on "sending" when they've been sent: I know what it's like to experience that. This can happen in cases where the recipient's message delivery system doesn't inform your phone of the message delivery. We would be glad to look further into this with you. Does it only happen with certain contacts? Does it happen only at certain times of day, or only in certain areas?

We'd also be glad to look into what's causing the random popups of the badge, that display new texts even though there are none. Both of these random happenings may potentially be corrected by resetting the Verizon Messages app. What model device do you have? When did these issues start?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes