What does Uid "0" mean?
ssammarco

I've searched the internet up and down and haven't read anything helpful whatsoever. I have Verizon and use message+. The person I am trying to reach may or may not have Verizon, I don't remember but we both have Android devices. It's possible he blocked me, it's possible hes out of the country. I sent him a text and when I clicked on "show details" the Uid came up as "0". He never had his reads or delivery receipt on for me, so it always said "sent". If I'm blocked or he's out or the country will the Uid say 0?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does Uid "0" mean?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ssammarco Very interesting question regarding the Universal ID. Do you have a contact profile set us for this person? Also, are you saying you are not sure if this person is receiving your text?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ssammarco

I do have his number saved, yes. I'm saying that in a way of sorts. If he's not getting them it's because he blocked me or is out of the country. I'm not sure how texting works to someone out of the country. I would like to know why the Uid is 0. It was on a message I sent to him. I deleted all the others as we don't talk much anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to look further into these issues. Does this happen to only this number? Are you able to reach this person via phone call? What model device do you and the person you are trying to reach have?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BrigidMcC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've searched the internet up and down and haven't read anything helpful whatsoever. I have Verizon and use message+. The person I am trying to reach may or may not have Verizon, I don't remember but we both have Android devices. It's possible he blocked me, it's possible hes out of the country. I sent him a text and when I clicked on "show details" the Uid came up as "0". He never had his reads or delivery receipt on for me, so it always said "sent". If I'm blocked or he's out or the country will the Uid say 0?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very unusual Brigidmcc. I want to make sure that we have a good understanding of what is going on.Have you reached out to the other person and asked if he blocked you?  Does this only happen with his number? 

0 Likes
Rmd735

Does this mean the message was not delivered if the UID Is 0?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! How long have you been experiencing this issue? What type of phone do you have? Are you referring to your text messages?

In order for us to provide the best assistance possible, we will need all details! We're eager to hear from you soon! MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Kimhughes

I have a Pixel 3a and she has an iPhone. Some of my messages to her that say delivered also have the UID 0 and sometimes she says she doesn't get the ones that have the new ID zero. So why does that come up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An inconstancy would have me asking the same. Are there similarities among those that don't go through? For example, are those sent while connected to Wi-Fi, or maybe do they contain an image? 
Prior to the Pixel 3a, did your number have an iPhone?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes