Re: What do the different color chat bubbles mean in messenger + groups
lisafaye

Did you ever find an answer to this problem?  My friend has a group chat and uses Message+. She can text me alone, but when she sends out a group text that includes me, I don't get the text. On her phone, my contact has blue bubble next to it instead of a gray one.  I see a number of people are having this issue, so there should be an answer to it. 

0 Likes
Nicktavius
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with both iPhones and android's.  One person has an iPhone and uses straight talk for service.  They normally use imessages, but direct messages come across as regular text messages. I think that message+ is the problem. 

0 Likes
danemacrae
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. my contact has never been able to receive any messages as part of the group chat utilizing verizon messages plus. She has a Samsung S9 and is using the native messages app. i have moved her sim into one of my spare phones, and the trouble follows her number. if i put a different sim into her phone, her device will receive the messages, albeit she has a different MDN at that time. the trouble follows the MDN, which leads me to believe its a "profile" with the server that hosts the Vzw messges + app. Please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danemacrae, Thanks for those additional details. Based on the information you provided, we recommend that you get a new SIM card. This can be replaced at a local Verizon store (http://spr.ly/6602El0Ho).

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Karengel

I also am having this issue.  I have done testing and it is tied to the phone number somehow.  If I use a different number under the same user name, it appears fine, but if I create a Test User with the original phone number, I get that blue bubble.  

0 Likes
CACTUSFLWR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here and what's strange is the person was on and active last year on group chat.  He never left the chat but his bubble turned blue.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you currently have the most updated version of Messages +? Have you had a recent software update on your device? We would like to assist in any way possible, however we do need some more details.

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
GMoose
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  15 participants and one blue bubble that does not get the group message.  That person happens to by my wife who has the same model Samsung S7 as I do and also runs the same Message Plus app from Verizon that I do.  This has nothing to do with the SIM card.  Deleting her and adding her back does not fix the issue.

Please provide a solution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to see that you are experiencing the same issue. We understand the importance of being able to communicate with loved ones and we're here to help. What recent changes have occurred on this device? Have you tried restarting the device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
rwhutton1
Enthusiast - Level 1

A new SIM card?  Are you fudging kidding me?  The other people in this thread are correct.  You aren't helpful at all.  You have no idea what the issue is, or how to fix it.  They've been PERFECTLY descriptive.  Quick tip...you don't have to tell everyone how concerned you are, how important the issue is, how commited you are to fixing it, etc.  JUST TELL US HOW TO GET THE ONE PERSON WITH A BLUE CHAT BUBBLE, WITHIN A MMS, TO START RECEIVING GROUP TEXTS!   IT'S THAT messed up SIMPLE!  

Another pro tip....Maybe instead of asking 30 people to perform various troubleshootinge measures, you could simply list the various reasons why this problem ocurrs, and we can all use the appropriate suggestion individually!   Brilliant, right?