Re: Weird characters for contacts in Verizon Messaging app
hall_cullen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry Verizon but I am not willing to accept that response, its your app and your app only that is having the problem I would like to hear what your developers think and ways we can fix this. I would hightly doubt that there is anything you modify in the "Verizon" Moto G4s that would make this problem go away.

I really like your messaging app, so lets fix this.

bdiddy31
Enthusiast - Level 1

truly remarkable set of responses from verizon "support."

i just switched to the stock android messaging app, which appears to work fine.

0 Likes
Cluckomatic

Same problem here.  Same phone: Moto G4.  So annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hall.cullen,

I can certainly understand your concern. We have lifted this concern up to the appropriate channels to be investigated as previously reported. In the mean time I suggest simply using the Android messaging application.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cluckomatic-

Oh gosh, that definitely does sound annoying. I'm disappointed this is happening and want to get to the bottom of this right away. When did this start for you? Do you remember making any changes to your device around the time this started (new SW updates, new apps, etc)?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RealtorJeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon

Per the suggestion by Verizon I have contact Motorola.   Below is their response.

​[Removed]

"In regards to your issue, kindly try to contact Verizon regarding to that. Or kindly check the default language on your settings. Settings>> Language & Input"

​[Removed]

Chat transcription content edited  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
spoiled_1

I have also had this problem and went so far as to send my phone to Motorola for warranty repair.  I just received the device and it is still happening.  Is there anyone that can figure out an answer to this problem.

I have even tried downloading an older version of verizon messenger.

0 Likes
Cluckomatic

MotoG4 unlocked: Uninstalled Verizon Message+, used a different texting

app, and the problem went away.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:04 PM, spoiled_1 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
hall_cullen
Enthusiast - Level 1

noticed today that its not just contact info that is having the problem, it also appears when i click on some menu items. in this example I spelled "test" wrong and here is what it gave meVerizon Messager Error.jpg

0 Likes
Wujo79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all, yep I have the same alien text issue. Super annoying. Moto 4G with latest android version - seems to be a common theme here.

0 Likes