Wear24 with Message and Android Wear 2.9
GERHUD34

Since my Wear24 updated to Android Wear 2.9 the Message+ app on the watch no longer receives incoming text messages. However, it does still allow me to send text. There is another person in my office experiencing the same issue. Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wear24 with Message and Android Wear 2.9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure all services work correctly after any update is important, GERHUD34. Thanks for reaching out to us here with regard to this. Have you attempted to un-pair and then reconnect your watch to your phone after this issue occurred? is your phone and messaging + app completely up to date on the latest version? 

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GERHUD34

I reset the watch to factory defaults and have set everything back up and I'm still experiencing the same problem. Message+ app is updated and working fine on both my S8 and Desktop computer.

0 Likes
GERHUD34

Looks like there are a few other post with people complaining about this same issue. Hopefully we can get a timeline on when it will be fixed

Messages + app not functioning on Verizon wear24 smartwatch

Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo

0 Likes
GERHUD34

Any updates on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chris546, we understand the importance of making sure you are able to receive incoming text messages to your Wear24 watch. We truly appreciate all of your efforts with trying to solve this concern. Let’s continue to work on this. Can you please let us know if you are able to receive an incoming text message to your watch when you disable messages + and set the preinstalled messaging app as the default app?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GERHUD34, texting is the main source of communication used to keep everyone connected, therefore I can understand your need for your Wear24 to receive text messages. I have sent you a private message to start a deep dive. Please send us a reply there.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GERHUD34

Message+ is the default messaging app on the Wear24. The only way to send and receive text on the Wear24 is through Message+ after pairing the Wear24 with your phone

0 Likes
Chris546

I would like to link in another thread that I started as well - How do I get Message+ to work on my Wear24 watch?

Please do not construe my reply as complaining; only that I would like to help in the matter.  If Verizon would like to contact me directly for any testing or additional feedback, please don’t hesitate to ask.  Or if anyone here wants more info, I’m happy to provide.  In addition to what I posted in this link, I have now done a factory reset on both of my devices and started from scratch.  This did not resolve my issue.

Without getting too personal, I depend on my watch as a lifeline for being accessible with my young daughter and health issues.  I’m not able to have my phone on at all times at work, so I purposely sought out the Wear 24 and Verizon’s Message+ app because it seemed like a perfect match and the most reliable. 

I’m aware that there are other messaging apps out there, but they have had their set of glitches as well with
my Verizon devices.  I chose to abandon that search as I need the reliability.  I have two Verizon exclusive devices, and Message+ is always installed and cannot be removed.  I expect the support as long as
these are apps I cannot remove and replacement has not been a viable option.  I do understand that Verizon no longer offers the Wear 24.  It is unfortunate, but business is business and I can understand that. Plus, this may be a moot point because this appears to be a complete Wear OS issue and not exclusive to my Wear 24.

Again, please let me know how I can help.

0 Likes
Chris546

I appreciate the reply, SylviaT_VZW.  As GERHUD34 stated (thank you for clarifying G), it appears that my issues with the other messaging apps are directly related to my Verizon Wear 24.

To answer your question, Sylvia, I did just try this.  I tried disabling on both my Wear 24 and phone, setting the default messaging app back to the standard messaging app with the yellow envelope.  This did not work on the five messages I received as tests.

I then tried to enable Message+ only on my watch, leaving my phone on the other default app.  Did not help with the messages I received.

I then tried to disable Message+ on my watch only, and enabling it on my phone.  Did not work.

0 Likes