Re: Video Attachment not sending/delivering
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm eager to get this resolved, Fredchris. Are these messages being sent via e-mail, or still via MMS? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Babs9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  Installed Message+ so I could view the videos that were sent to my iphone but I cannot forward them to my email. And what is the file format of videos?  I need to edit them but cannot even get them to do that!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we would want is for you to have issues with your videos, and we will be glad to address any concerns that you have in mind with formating them. By any chance, have you tried to delete the applications, and reinstall it to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Pwn-Def
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having near the same issue.  Message+ will not send videos.  Small files will say failed.  Large videos or videos with text will continue to process.  If you select another text to get to delete as the last 6 years it will not delete.  Regular Messages will send the videos no problem.  Not a video problem, the formatting is the sake as them asking you to turn your phone off and on.  Like 80s IT never died but reformatted.  Everything working fine then when something changes you must've pull all your cords out.  Had wife try to send and received this:

"Message+ messages are waiting for you. You will need the Message+ app to view these messages. To download the Message+ app click on the link below. https://www.vzmessages.com/getclient. Reply STOP to stop receiving the messages."

Well glad our phones just got paid off.  Message+ won't even take video.  Gives error as soon as you hit send.  Well I have an offer for a bundle I already have and have taken it for this long.  Just found out they've snaked over $700 so after I retrieve that by documentation that it shouldn't be I will probably move. 

So now wife and I have same issue, wondering why I don't get videos of my wonderful son as much during funny moments.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your messages is vital, especially if you are having issues. The last thing we want is for you to consider moving. When did the video messaging problem start? What recent changes have you made? Have you attempted other messaging apps (if yes, do you encounter similar problems)?

0 Likes
Pwn-Def
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just use Messages people.  It has worked fine.  If I have signed up for a forum know I've done everything but go on and completely remove all supporting files to Message+.  If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't work and a person doing a factory reset doesn't work it sounds like they need to figure out what's the issue instead of having us monkey around. 

Verizon, try this:  spend a month or 2 and get a Samsung S9 with a Verizon account.  It will be very difficult, you will be signed up for insurance against your will.  You will be told that it will be there in 2 days that you need to sign for it but the manager will reject any promotions and you won't be notified.  After about 5 times of this you can reach a corporate contact and receive a phone and plan.  Document all this because when it is time for a new phone you will find that you've been paying for insurance that you have rebuked multiple times.  After 40 hours of phone chats, online chats, and corporate emails you should have a Verizon Account with whichever phone you chose. 

I am saying S9 because this is the phone I am using and would get us S20s but the process above is daunting and I have to work on getting Asurion, worst company ever, refunded.  

Anyways, after all is said and done try sending a video.  Then when that doesn't work get your programmers to check the log and fix the bug.  

Likelyhood of this happening is slim so I suggest everyone with this problem just use messages.  It actually is 10× better at selecting videos and/or pictures and I haven't used this app in 6 years probably.

Good luck.  You might hear check all your connections and realize your phone has none.  A reinstall and/or complete factory reset should resolve this problem so that's about the ultimate that should be asked other than what phone you have.  Obviously have Verizon, my phone is an S9 with issues that after somehow paying a ton for insurance I can't file a claim and even with record of a claim it shows I have none.  This was an "If I paid the full price of a phone for insurance and my phone has issues then I need it replaced" but unfortunately with Asurion you will be very disappointed so I apologize on behalf of humanity.

They get it fixed hopefully you'll know but I would just use the work around.  It is your best option because you will be asked to do what you pay them to do. 

Also BE CAREFUL that no number is ported over to a phone you don't have or that your phone is factory reset remotely, even though they claim impossible it's been proven otherwise.  Your frustrations will take you down a rabbit hole with no end it seems.  Even upon multiple contacts even with corporate you will find out years later that things like insurance have been tacked on even when you have details contrary.  Be mindful that will be your burden such as the issues with Message+ are our burden.

0 Likes
Nevex009
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I have to downgrade the quality to MMS in order for the recipient to receive them.

Pwn-Def
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I will most likely just get new phones and switch from Verizon.  They all bounce the same towers and none of us have 5g out of Atlanta.  Isolating anyways so just wifi it up.

Switching would be 12×easier than doing nothing but upgrading my phone due to my calcs and past experiences.  What am I paying for? Don't even need a phone atm.  Have Laplets.  Verizon's gone from awesome to a joke.  Try buying a phone from their store.  You literally can't, lol.  Who needs em.  They don't care. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Nevex009,

Are you referring to a video or picture? How large is the file you are trying to send?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
tona05281
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here

0 Likes