Video Attachment not sending/delivering
APRIL_JNKNS
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I try to send a video attachment via Message+  to my husband it will say that it sent but when I click on it and click info it says it was sent but it wasn't delivered. And he never receives it. I can send pictures text and it will say that it sent and it was delivered but it won't do video attachments. How do I fix this so I can send and deliver a video attachment?

Labels (1)
Re: Video Attachment not sending/delivering
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is he also on Verizon? How long is the video? Can you receive videos from him?

0 Likes
APRIL_JNKNS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes he is also Verizon. The video clip is 35 seconds (when that wouldn't work I tried sending a video clip that was 10 seconds and it didn't work either) And yes he can send me videos and it works fine.?

deloused
Master - Level 3

It does sound like that's occurring due to exceeding the MMS file size technical limits on the receiving end. With the great camera quality on phones nowadays the file sizes can be quite high.

While the Message+ app allows files up to 100mb to be sent, 4GLTE devices can only receive video messages up to 1.2 MB in size. For example, I looked at a 6 second video I took on my current phone and its size is 11 mb.

A conmon way to successfully send large files to a smartphone is to send it to an email address used on that device instead of the actual phone number since the same size limitations wouldnt apply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APRIL_JNKNS, we definitely want to ensure that you're able to send videos from your device. It's always nice to share those precious moments with a loved one. Have you been able to send videos from your device before? If so, when was the last time that this was working for you? Are you having trouble sending videos to other contacts as well or is this solely an issue with your husband's phone number?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Charmarie87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same issue. I was able to send videos up until about 2 days ago. I even did a factory reset on my phone to try and fix it but no luck. It doesn't matter if the file is 2 seconds or 50

Libertycity76

Im having the same issue. Did you get yours fixed?

0 Likes
steve139
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also tried to reset phone per verizon directions and my iphone 6 will send a picture to other phones and email, but a 12 second video will not be sent to an email AND WHEN THIS TASK DOES NOT OCCUR VERIZON WILL NOT NOTIFY ME THAT IT WAS NOT SENT.    

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

steve139, We want to do all we can to ensure your videos are sent, successfully. You mentioned that videos are not being sent via email. Which email platform are you sending the messages from? Are you having this same concern about sending videos using Messages+?  Also, are you able to receive videos from other non-Apple devices? Please share more details so we can help. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Fredchris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to send a video to 2 people . It says sending but does not go through. I reduced the file 3 times and it still wont go through