Verizon messaging app for windows is garbage.
cgmendla
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am constantly running into a situation where my son is not receiving messages I send to him from The verizon messages app on my windows desktop. 

1. He and I are on the shared plan. 
  2. Messages from the desktop will get to him for a while and then suddenly stop going to him
  3. Messages from message plus on my androit WILL get to him
  4. Messages from the browser app at https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?n=1&s=1fVrdjSgEyfJ4GSI
  5. I have no problem sending messages to dozens of other people using message plus on my desktop. 
  6. I've deleted and reinstalled message plus a number of times with the same cruddy results. 
  7. The desktop message plus version is 2.0.2.0
  8. When I go to the link above I click on the desktop version to try to see if there is a new version. HOWEVER, THERE IS NO WINDOWS VERSION LISTED.. JUST ANDROID MAC AND IOS. 
  9. If I send from the windows desktop app, the message does not show on my phone, his phone or the browser app
  10. If I send from my phone, it shows on his phone, Desktop Message + and the browser app
  11. If I send from the browser app, it shows on his phone, desktop message + and my phone
  12. This is completely unacceptable. A multi billion dollar messaging company can't seem to make a simple messaging app that works. The UI is garbage but I could live with that. What I can't live with is trying to send messages to my son where they fail to send and I get no notification. 

So, my questions

13. Is there a newer version of message plus available for the Windows desktop? 
  14. Why the heck are messages to my son failing to deliver to him. ?
  15. Do you plan on ever fixing this? I have seen other people with similar problems. 
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messaging app for windows is garbage.
cgmendla
Enthusiast - Level 3

# 4 should read 

Messages from the browser app at https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?n=1&s=1fVrdjSgEyfJ4GSI DO get to him

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cgmendla, you've come to the right place for help. Making sure that all the messages get to your son is important. We appreciate all the troubleshooting that you've done on your own & the information that you've provided us. We do not have an updated Windows desktop version of Messages+. Let's figure this out. Are both of your phones fully updated with the newest software? Is your Windows computer updated with necessary software updates? Do you by chance have another PC to send these texts from to make sure it is not isolated to one device? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, we know how important it is your son to get your messages from the Verizon Messages application, and we want to clarify some details. When did this problems start? Does your son have an iPhone device?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

@cgmendla. . . . We do not have an updated Windows desktop version of Messages+. . . .  AliciaD_VZW

@aliciad_VZW, @PamD_VZW  Not only does Verizon NOT have an updated Windows desktop version, they have been stating for months that Message+ desktop client for Win10 is NOT supported. In fact, they REMOVED the PC client from the Windows Store.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...