Verizon message+ database error
David-DJ

I'm using verizon message+ on my MacBook.  I had it setup with a previous phone number and it was working fine.  However, when I changed phone numbers and attempted to use the new phone number, after authenticating the code with the new phone, it stopped working.  It says "Database error occurred" and then closes.  

How can I get it working again?  

It seems like the database is saved, because it doesn't ask me to setup my phone again.  I can't get into the menu for it because it closes with that error immediately after starting it.  

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the application several times.  Yet, the same issue keeps on happening.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon message+ database error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David-DJ, do both the Message+ app and your device have the most recent updates?

Also, did you remove the old phone number before you added the new one?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
David-DJ

Yes, both the Message+ app and my device have the most recent updates.

Yes, I removed the old phone number before adding the new one. 

Any ideas on how to solve this or do you have any additional questions?

Thank you very much for your reply! 

P.S.  Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  I didn't get notified there was a response.  I plan to check back here more frequently.  Thanks again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing these additional details for us, David-DJ. Does your Message+ application work on your cellular phone? What's the make and model of your phone? Have you, by chance, tried opening Messages+ on an alternate computer? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
David-DJ

I'm using verizon message+ on my MacBook, not my iPhone. 

I have not tried opening Messages+ on an alternate computer.  I need to fix it on the MacBook.  The application worked fine originally when I installed it, but it got messed up when I changed phone numbers.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, David-DJ. Let's try uninstalling Verizon Messages from your MacBook and then reinstall the app by following the steps provided in the link below. Let us know if this helps.

http://spr.ly/6605EhBxU

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
David-DJ

I uninstalled Verizon Messages from my MacBook and then reinstalled the app following the steps in the link that you provided.  It still gives the same error message.  I think there are saved settings that are causing it to crash even after reinstalling. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you think these settings are in your MacBook or in the application? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
franlg

Finally found a fix for me on my Macbook.

On my Macbook, rename (or delete) the following folder found in your user's Library directory:

Library/Containers/com.verizon.vzmessagesmac

Once I deleted this folder & restarted Message+, I was once again prompted for my phone number, and then any text messages that had been sent to that new phone number appeared with no errors.  Hurray, finally!

0 Likes
rbsjw28

I've had the same problem on my MacBook Air. Where do I go to find: Library/Containers/com.verizon.vzmessagesmac in order to delete it? This has been driving me crazy!

0 Likes