Re: Verizon Messaging Missing Messages
bj1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens randomly during an conversation started with my phone or with

the web interface. I would receive all the text messages on my device, but

sometimes all of those messages do not post on the web interface. I am

using the native messaging app on the phone.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry tstrmr! This can sometimes occur. The good news is, the message was viewable via phone. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wait, what?  How is that good news?  What you're saying is "yeah, sometimes the service will just lose messages". 

You can definitely be of additional assistance: you can figure out what that happens and fix it.  Should I not be able to rely on the service to deliver texts to my tablet and web browser?  Isn't that the whole point of the integrated messaging?  To be able to send and receive messages on devices other than your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bj1984,

I appreciate the clarification. Are you deleting the messages before they have an opporunity to sync to the phone and web? Make sure you allow them time to sync if you're starting a new conversation or sync from the web http://vz.to/1ok0j4L .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Generalmilk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excuse me but I also don't think you are solving the problem. I'm sure none of us deleted the message and asked why it's not delivered to device. The problem is simple: while the messages can be received in the traditional way (phone native message app) the Verizon Messages is messed up and missing messages. The problem is probably at the server side so that every clients (web, phone, tablet) miss the message.

Best Regards,

Tao

在 2014年3月16日,16:53,Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> 写道:

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Messaging - View the full discussion

bj1984,

I appreciate the clarification. Are you deleting the messages before they have an opporunity to sync to the phone and web? Make sure you allow them time to sync if you're starting a new conversation or sync from the web http://vz.to/1ok0j4L .

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

bj1984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope I am not deleting any of the messages. It happens quite a bit, it is not possible to solely relay on the Verizon messages web interface because not all the text messages appear on it. It must be on the server side, I have no issues with the messages arriving on my phone.

tstrmr
Enthusiast - Level 2

HELLO!?

Excuse me, but this topic is now almost six weeks old and has gone unanswered...

I have personally experienced this issue several more times, and there are now others in this thread who experience the same thing.

The integrated messaging service is of little to no use if we can not trust it to deliver messages to ALL of our devices!

This needs to be resolved.  Why are some messages only delivered to the phone, and not others?

0 Likes
bketch

I have also experienced failure of the web app to sync with messages coming to my phone native app.  That's why I am in this forum-to find an answer.  I'm with you tstrmr, this is ridiculous. Come on Verizon, get someone on this who actually knows what they are doing, is not reading from a script-but looking at the actual problem and facts, and understands plain English descriptions of the problem. Figure it out!

BTW you might try posting it right on the site when the service is not working due to problems or is down for maintenance.  I spent over an hour on with support last week, only to finally find out that the service was down for PLANNED maintenance!  It wasn't even announced or posted and level 1 support didn't know about it.

0 Likes
bketch

Spoke to support.  The rep said this forum is not a real likely way to get an answer.  Suggest putting a ticket in for your specific case.  I have done this and am in the process. Will post if I get an answer.

0 Likes
bketch

If they get enough tickets about this problem, then it will turn into a master ticket in the system for the issue, so everyone doesn't have to post their own. Put in the specifics of your problem.  So come on wheels, start squeaking so we can get some grease!

0 Likes