Verizon Messaging App says I have unsent messages but it is incorrect
PAUMAL61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought a Verizon Galaxy s9 and I use Verizon's messaging app.  A few days ago, I get a notification next to one of my contacts that a text message(s) went unsent.  I know this is wrong because I went through all the texts and did not see anything unsent.  Also, I tried another messaging app and there were no unsent messages with that app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Verizon messaging app and get the same problem.  Are you aware of similar issues?  Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Verizon Messaging App says I have unsent messages but it is incorrect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAULMA61,

We want you to enjoy your new device just as much as you do. This is concerning to hear. Is it just one particular message that shows undelivered? What happens when delete the message, then send another? Does the indicator go away?

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tracypieface
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue - I have a new LG Thinq V40, though first noticed this in my old Motoroloa Droid Turbo, I stopped using Verizon+ on that phone beacuse it was a repeated issue, but I wrote it off to being an older phone. Today was the first time I've seen it on my new phone I've had for 5 days, and it is on an OLDer message (three days old) that I know was received. It was a photo, with no text included. I have since sent and received both photos and messages with no issues, but this "unsent" notification appeared several days AFTER the original message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tracypieface,

Knowing that your text messages are being sent properly and there aren't any errors in the Verizon Messages application is fundamental, especially with your five-day-old phone. I'm certain we can get to the bottom of this and avoid the confusion of this peculiar unsent notification your device is getting.

I have a few questions that will help me gain more insight with the issue at hand. Does this happen with multiple different recipients you're sending to? How often does this happen with messages that don't have media attached to them? Also, to clarify, did the unsent message come back even after you re-sent the message that had the error?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes