Verizon Messaging App for PC - Can never see messages for one contact
dj_lucas

I use the VMA app on my pc and it works well, I almost immediately receive text messages as soon as the show up on my cell phone.  I have one contact (and only one) that never shows up on the pc app.  Actually, it does show a message available [ by way of:  (1) ], and it will show the contact at the top,  but when I click on it, it tries to load, then disappears forever & I can never see it.  The (1) never goes away unless I read it directly on my cell.

It only happens with one contact, none others.  The contact is Home Advisor, the text message shows 62508 as the sender.  I receive and read messages from other contacts of this nature (like Thumbtack for example), but only the Home Advisor messages never make it to my pc (or they try and cannot be read).  I have tried to sync, delete, re-add, everything I can think to do but no luck.  Very strange and bizarre.

Unfortunately this is extremely important for my business to be able to access these messages on my pc, it is costing me a lot of time and money.  I cannot believe that I am the only one having these issues with this specific contact.  No other problem with dozens of other contacts or their messages.  Can anyone help??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging App for PC - Can never see messages for one contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dj_lucas,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to receive messages from one contact. It's important that you're unable to receive all of your messages and I'll be happy to help fix this. Have you tried to delete the contact and re-add it? Have you tried to uninstall the Verizon Message app and reinstall it?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dj_lucas

Yes I have tried deleting the contact from both my phone and the website portal (web.vma.vzw.com), also re-syncing it as well, clearing cache, etc etc. As far as uninstalling the app on my phone and re-installing it im not having any problems on my phone, I get and read all 'Home Advisor' 62508 texts fine, as well as all other texts.

I can compose a message using the pc website, and it will recognize the contact (Home Advisor), and even send the message. But if I refresh the web page it disappears again.

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with Home Advisor texts being an SMS Short Code (in their case it is 62508) I also use Thumbtack but they show as a 10-digit phone number when the texts come in.

I just tried to message VERIZON SMS Short Code 27589 from the vma website on my pc, it pulled it up as a recognizable contact and sent the message. When I refreshed the webpage the VERIZON 27589 contact disappeared and I cannot see it, just like the Home Depot contact.

So I am having problems seeing SMS Short Code messages using the website portal web.vma.vzw.com

0 Likes
dj_lucas

I just found this thread so it has been a known issue for years:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/872092?start=10&tstart=0

This is very frustrating if this has not been fixed or if there isn't a workaround, please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love using the desktop when I need to dj_lucas. I understand the importance of being able to see all your messages. It does seem like you did quite a lot in getting this fixed. I have sent you a private message so we can investigate this further.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes