Verizon Messages app requesting read receipts
tlmedia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am running Verizon Messages on my Nexus 7 tablet.  It's updated to the latest version.  When I send a message, other Verizon users (with regular SMS apps) are getting prompted to send a Read Report.   How do I turn that off in Verizon Messages?

In my regular SMS app on my phone there's a setting for "Delivery Reports" but I don't see any setting like that in the Verizon Messages app. 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages app requesting read receipts
Maverkay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following. 

My Galaxy S3 phone has the option in the app to turn it off.

My Galaxy Tab3 8.0 wifi tablet does not. Odd.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tlmedia wrote:

In my regular SMS app on my phone there's a setting for "Delivery Reports" but I don't see any setting like that in the Verizon Messages app.

You can request read receipts under Settings > Advanced > Request Receipt

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is because the Verizon Messages account is tied to your phone number which is on the Galaxy S3. The Galaxy S3 controls the Verizon Messages account since it is the master device on the account. The Galaxy S3 can take remove the Galaxy Tab from the Verizon Messages account, but the Tab cannot remove the S3 from the account. Account decisions must be made from the S3.

0 Likes
Maverkay
Enthusiast - Level 2

So by your theory, if I turn off read receipts on my S3 it should turn them off in my tablet because the tablet app is ruled by the S3 settings.

However I do have read receipts turned off on my phone.  I use the VZ app for text on both for my text messaging yet only messages sent from the tablet request read reports from my recipients. I've tried turning this feature off on the phone then restarting the tablet, and even reinstalled the app on the tablet, but I still have this issue. 

So this is still an open issue for me.

0 Likes
brendanpdelaney

I am having the same issue, has anyone found a solution for this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brendanpdelaney, to piggyback off of rcschnoor, what type of phone are you using?  Did you turn off the send read receipt in the setting on the message plus application? 

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aphrodite007

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and YES my read receipts are turned OFF and no one gets them from my cell phone. However, on my tablet & desktop, everyone always knows when I send a message from one of them. It always asks for a read receipt. If this is the worst of my problems though, I will live! Haha!

0 Likes