Verizon Messages Slow Starting On Windows
Timothyb196
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, I absolutely love the fact that I can actually send and receive text messages on my computer. I use Verizon Messages on all my devices, and it would take a lot to get me to use something else. But I'm having a terrible time with messages syncing on Windows. Right now, I have waited almost 5 minutes for my messages to sync. It wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that during sync, the text box freezes, and I can't send or receive messages until the sync is complete. So, I thought I'd ask for either a bug fix, feature request, or perhaps someone knows a way around this problem. Is there a way to have the app sync in the background, and still allow me to send and receive texts messages while the app is syncing with my other devices?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages Slow Starting On Windows
gabew75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing this exact same behavior in the web app.  I use the web for texting at work, as they block all other texting apps and the Windows Store version of this one.  However, it is VERY slow in loading and synching.

Re: Verizon Messages Slow Starting On Windows
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue. I have a pretty fast desktop computer and each time I start this app it can take 2 minutes before it's ready to go.  Every other app I have starts almost instantly when I click on it.

0 Likes