Re: Verizon Messages Plus App
AustralopithecusMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solution:

Go to: www.apkmirror.com

Type the following after pressing the search magnifying glass: Verizon Messages 6.3.3

Download the file.  It is an apk file.  6.3.3 is a 2016 version of the app.

When it finishes, click Open

Give it whatever permissions it requests.

WAIT for it to load up all your old and new messages.

The app may close if you try to compose a text or even open an old one, even after it has finished loading up your messages.

After it is ALL done restoring everything, go to the Google Play store.

Update the app.

Voila! 

It worked for me after many futile hours with Verizon support and trying things on my own.

BAP1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank You. Your solution worked perfectly on my Fire H D 10!  What do they pay those Verizon employees for?

kgr132
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the awesome tip. This worked great on my Asus chromebook. Sideloaded the old version. Used the 6 digit code from the cellphone text to validate. Sideloaded the newest version over the old one. All is well.

dualue39

@CURTNDI65 wrote:

Would like to use Verizon Messages Plus App on my tablet. Am unable to scan the QR code provided by Verizon to the tablet. The tablet scan bar moves up/down but does not read QR code. For laptop, recd a letter/digit code from Verizon and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Can not scan from my phone to any tablet

0 Likes
tonettedaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem 

0 Likes
tonettedaniel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please help.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tonettedaniel, we want to ensure you are able to use Verizon Messages without any issues. Can you please clarify the difficulties you are experiencing? What make and model device are you using? 

0 Likes
Ginfamous1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Version 6.8.5 on both devices. Cannot scan qr code for nothin'

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details, Ginfamous1, our goal is to get the Message + App running on both of your device so you can get the most out of your Verizon service. Just to be sure, what type of devices are you using? Which device are you scanning the QR code with?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
GWEMAIL51-VERIZON

Can you give me the link for the old version of VZW Messages that use had used?

0 Likes