Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,087 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Verizon Message+ while out of the country
NicoleN

Hi! Two questions:

1.) I am about to go out of the country and will be switching out my Verizon sim card and US number for a temporary UK number and sim card. If I set up an auto-reply in Messages+ before I leave, will this continue to reply to people texting my US number even when I switch out for the UK card? If not, is there a work around I can use? I imagine this is effectively the same question as whether the auto-reply works when a phone is turned off or dead.

2.) Will I have to use a different text messaging app for the UK number (perhaps Samsung's own messaging app)? Or will Verizon's still work no matter what sim card or "home" country I have in the device? Remember, this isn't traveling on a Verizon Global plan, but with a temporary card from Vodafone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and have been using exclusively the Verizon Message+  app for text since I got the phone, disabling the default/notifications for the native Samsung app. I am leaving for the UK in a week and only just thought about how my sim card plans may effect the apps I've been using.

Please note that I am not turning off or suspending my Verizon plan...I will still be paying that just not using the sim card while I am out of the country.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ while out of the country
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The auto reply will still work on your message+ app. When you are using the SIM card from the other country you would have to use the messaging app that comes with the device.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In other words, don't use the Messages+ application with the UK SIM card. Use the other preloaded messaging app like Samsung Messaging if you have a Samsung phone or Google Messages application instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NicoleN

Thank you!

0 Likes
NicoleN

Thank you, Ann154! Really appreciate it.

0 Likes