Verizon Message+ web link preview not working
GYETT

I no longer receive the web link previews in my message+ app when someone sends me a link. I have a galaxy S5.  And yes, I have the most updated version of message+ and my operating system. I have web link preview option turned on in my message+ settings and I have received web link previews in the past. I uninstalled all updates to message+ app to check if it was a problem with the Message+ application. This did not work. I have cleared cache and restarted phone etc.

An interesting observation is that any web links sent to me in the past (say 4 months ago) will unfurl and show the link preview when sent again. No new web link previews can be viewed, however, not even https://www.facebook.com. The text message appears as an enabled link but the open graph images for the preview do not appear.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ web link preview not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gyett, 

We know how important it is to have all VZW applications working properly. I can certainly understand your concerns with the web-link feature no longer working and we definitely thank you for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue. Let's get this fixed. Are you able to receive standard picture messages on the device via Verizon Messages? I know that you have cleared the cache, have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the application to the device http://spr.ly/6585DwhlL

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GYETT

PamelaF,

I tried all of the things you described above. I disabled app and uninstalled all updates. I then enabled the app and reinstalled the updates. The web line preview is still not working. I tried, again, https://www.facebook.com.

0 Likes
GYETT

I forgot to mention. I am receiving regular image texts just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts in troubleshooting the message plus issue are greatly appreciated. To ensure we figure out why the web link feature is no longer working please put the phone in safe mode. To reboot your phone in safe mode press and hold the power button until phone option appears. Select reboot to safe mode by pressing the power button. Then attempt to access the web links from message plus.

RodneyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GYETT

Hello,

I followed your instructions and was able to reboot my Samsung S5 in safe mode. I then tried the weblink preview again using https://www.facebook.com and there was no change. I am still unable to get the weblink preview in message+

0 Likes
GYETT

To add another testcase. I tested on a Galaxy J3 phone too and the weblink preview does not work. The weblink preview setting was turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GYETT,

I appreciate all of your detail and troubleshooting that you have done so far. Making sure your text messages display the way they are designed to be is imperative, and we want to come to a resolution. One thing I want to be sure of is that you are back on the most recent version of Messages+ since we have gone through so many changes recently. What version are you currently on with your Galaxy S5 and J3? I ask because I want to guide you through setting a report to the developers and it will be best to have you up to date with software.

To send the details and give a description of the issue, please go to Settings, Account, Report a Bug. You'll then see a checkbox that you'll want to select with sends the report of the details. Don't forget to write a description of the issue. I have done this on my phone as well since I was able to replicate the issue on another completely different model with the most up to date version of the software.

This will alert the folks behind the scenes that there is an issue and to make sure it gets addressed. I am confident that this will get corrected for us going forward. My apologies for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

I know I’ve provided a lot of information for your review, does this make sense?

RyanCo_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GYETT

Great, i think i did this prior but just in case i did it again. Please let me know when you hear this bug has been fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Absolutely, Gvett. We will have an update posted as soon as it is available. Please feel free to report this issue as well as suggested in the post above.

CecileC_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes