I'm still having the same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message Plus keeps crashing since update
Tmobilechap
Enthusiast - Level 2
TommyJ1112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to follow up with some more potentially useful troubleshooting info....

• Launching the Message+ app results in it instantly stopping.
  • I can, however, go under my Phone app, choose Contacts, and send a text to an individual in my Contact List (this process appears to use the Message+ app, which I find interesting).  Unfortuantely, clicking the "back arrow" takes me back to Contacts, rather than to my messaging history. (I can view the thread of my conversations with that individual)
  • If someone texts me, I can Reply directly through the Notification as well.

So, I guess that I have "limited functionality", which is better than nothing, but still FAR from working correctly.

0 Likes
mdbratch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. LG G6. An update came through last night. Today, the Message+ app won't start. When I click on it, it says it "keeps stopping". If I touch "restart", it says the same thing. I finally just changed over to the LG messaging app and it works fine. I prefer the Message+ app if it would just work.

Verizon needs to accept that they have caused a serious problem with the update and do something about it.

0 Likes
Monkeysrfrendly

I'm having the same issue with a Note 8. Started this evening. As soon as I open the app it crashes. I have force stopped, restarted, power off, updated app, disabled app. Nothing fixes it. I've switched back to the default messenger for now. 

0 Likes
Rnccen
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fix in the link worked for me, mine kept crashing since the update, uninstalled the update, messages+ work now.

VZW fix your broken software...we pay way to much for your serivce and phones to have things not work as they should.

0 Likes
jefnun62

I have the Samsung 8+. Message+ was working fine then stopped. I try to open it and I get the message "Message+ has stopped". I uninstalled it and installed it again and still have the same problem 

0 Likes
mcsimme

Having same problem here and it's so frustrating. 

0 Likes
JANLOI38

I had same symptons as have read here, starting Thursday eve Aug 1.  Message + on recently updated S8 wouldn't launch, got same error message, cleared cache, restarted phone several time, shut down several apps, changed some message+ settings. Nothing worked to spolve messaging.  cold only see and send messages if got in through contacts, and selected the message icon from there. Tols all my regular contact to use email for now.  Didn't want to unistall message+ and end up losing all my text messages.  Then, this morning (Friday Aug 2) it's working, just the usual occasional message-doesn't-go-through thing, but at least message weren't lost, and seems to be running fine.  THere was no message or indication that anything had been updated no phone though.  So, I assume it was not a phone or android related thing, but rather network related.....I'm gonna go backup my messages RIGHT NOW....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected with the application of your choice is important and we are happy to assist. Have you attempted to uninstall and re-install the application? This is a great first step to verifying that the application is functioning properly with your Operating System. StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes