Verizon Message Plus keeps crashing since update
chankins59
Enthusiast - Level 2

has anybody else had any issues with verizon message plus crashing since the oreo update. I have to keep disabling it and enabling it and then updating it to get it to work..and that is every single day

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Verizon Message Plus keeps crashing since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for your apps to work properly with your device, chankins59. What device do you have? You mentioned that you have had to update the app. Can you confirm which version of the app you have installed? You can view this by opening the Message+ app and selecting the menu icon in the upper left corner and selecting About.

Can you clarify if you have noticed certain actions trigger the app crashing? Do you receive an error?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mimirisa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet Tab A and a Pixel 2 with the Message+ installed on both devices.  Ever since the first of the year the Message+ app is very, very slow with a great deal of lag and also freezing ONLY on the Samsung Tablet.  IT works fine with no problem on my Pixel 2.  I have cleared the cash, deleted the data, did an uninstall and fresh install of the app only to have this same frustrating problem continue. 

The app also closed  with a small window that tells me it has stopped working etc. with an option to send feedback which I have done a few times.  Please help!!  I really like the Verizon Messag+ app as it syncs so well with my Pixel 2 cell phone.  - 

0 Likes
chankins59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled..everything that I could..I continues to crash and I don't get my texts..I didn't have this issue when I had my Droid Turbo. It just started with my new phone , Moto Force Z edition..I have no idea what version of the app it is..I have finally just disabled it and installed another messaging app, because this Verizon app will not stop crashing and it's frustrating..I would love for it to work, but it's not

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to submit feedback when you experience this issue, Mimirisa. We want you to be able to continue using the app to sync across your devices. Can you confirm which app version is currently installed with the following steps. Opening the Message+ app>Selecting the menu icon in the upper left corner>Select About.

We don't want you to have to worry about missing your texts, chankins59. I understand you have disabled the app. Prior to doing so, were you able to check the app version by going to opening the Message+ app>Selecting the menu icon in the upper left corner>Select About?

AndreaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carolyngoolsby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem - voicemail keeps stopping. Tried clearing cache and data - no change. Samsung S8.

EXTREMELY bad for me, I use this phone for work. Come on, Verizon, give us a fix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carolyngoolsby, we want all the services and features to work correctly on your phone especially in this day and age. Just to confirm, what exactly is happening? Is this in regards to the Verizon Messages+ app or the voicemail? When did you start having trouble like this?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
carolyngoolsby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, I was under the wrong topic.  I keep getting the message "Voicemail has stopped"  It interrupts me every few minutes for a while, then not again for hours.  This started right after I installed the last update. 

I've switched to gmail Inbox for mail.  And that's not giving me badges for new email, even though it's set for all notifications in the app and for Badges in Settings.

Another problem since the update is that I'm not receiving sound notifications for messages in existing conversations in Message+.  I do get a badge and an icon in the notification bar.  Since I like to keep conversations for reference, you can imagine how annoying that is.  My boss texted me several times the other day before I realized Message+ wasn't notifying me.  Now I have to check my phone every few minutes for texts.  I've checked settings in both Message+ and Settings, and everything seems to be in order.

By the way - I tried responding to your email and got an "undeliverable" bounce-back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustration this must be causing you. Is this happening with any other application?

LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
blondcb

Same issues Galaxy S2 Tablet.

Message+ is ver 6.6.4.

Also voice calling won't enable like it has in past probably due to HD voice being required now and tablet doesn't have.

No problems on Galaxy Note 5.

Just sent bug report from app.

0 Likes