Verizon Message Plus- how do I disable automatic linking of numbers?
DeafDucky

I enjoy using this app- customized fonts. size, color- great for a vision challenged person!

Anyway-- When I enter numbers (regardless of it's a phone number or just plain numbers- they become 'hot linked' and clickable like

a URL link.  How can I disable this function?  Kind of drives me a little nuts.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Message Plus- how do I disable automatic linking of numbers?
Not applicable

HI DeafDucky,

With regard to your message, my guess is that you  might  have 'weblink preview' checked.

Open the app

Go to MAIN MENU

>Settings

>Advanced settings

>Weblink Preview - if the box is checked, uncheck it.

If that does not fix the issue, open your Native messaging app and check to see if these numbers are also hotlinked. If they ARE, then the issue is somewhere in the phone settings. 

If not, then we can help troubleshoot the Verizon app.

Let me know if the issue continues please.

ALIE

VZMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI DeafDucky,

With regard to your message, my guess is that you  might  have 'weblink preview' checked.

Open the app

Go to MAIN MENU

>Settings

>Advanced settings

>Weblink Preview - if the box is checked, uncheck it.

If that does not fix the issue, open your Native messaging app and check to see if these numbers are also hotlinked. If they ARE, then the issue is somewhere in the phone settings. 

If not, then we can help troubleshoot the Verizon app.

Let me know if the issue continues please.

ALIE

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes
DeafDucky

Thank you- that was it.  I think I had done that before but with the reset I had to do it reverted to default again.

-Ducky

0 Likes
Tmauro95

I am having this issue but I do not see Advanced or Weblink Preview in my settings. I have a Note 8. When I click Settings, my only options are Conversations, Notifications, Application, Location, Driving Mode and Account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tmauro95,

Weblink Preview can certainly come in handy, and I'd be glad to elaborate on this feature within the Verizon Message+ app. In the past, this feature was accessible within the Advanced Settings. I know this, as I'm a user of Message+, and I was sad when it stopped working suddenly. After updates, this feature has since been removed. I've suggested feedback, "reported a bug" (Settings, Account, Report A Bug), in hopes that our developers bring it back. But, at this time, the Weblink Preview feature is no longer supported on Message+. I do apologize for the less than ideal news. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes