Re: Verizon Message+ Desktop (NOT the store version)
lostboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel that this goes with the themes that they are doing on their phones.  I find that each update adds more advertiesments, and apps that are written in a bad way to increase your data usage.  I think that they are doing it so the users who do not have unlimited plans are getting charged more.

Same with the apps, if they cannot make more money, they give a cheaply written "web app" that has hooks in IE so they can offload their programming needs.  With Zero concern for the end users.

I dislike the Microsoft store because of the amount of information that Microsoft wants to know about you and to track.

BellBuckle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree with the need to bring back the stand alone app. Yes, I use Windows 10. I do not want a Windows 10 app. I want the independent program with all of the nice features that was once available. I wish I had archived a copy of the install program, but I didn't. It will probably be left behind to not work anyway. A total bummer.

drew1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

My personal view is there is an Infiltration of Verizon from Enemy Sources with intent of causing Damage to the repurtation of Verizon and cause frustration amongst its customers to result in people simply Dumping and seeking out alternatives.  Corporate Spys at work trying to destroy from WITHIN.  Otherwise...  everything would be working 100% PERFECT because of a Focus on Customer Satisfaction and Protecting Verizon Reputation.

sewoverwhelmed
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel fortunate, because I still have a copy of the old version on my PC. The new version worked up until a couple of weeks ago, and now I can send messages from it (though the sent message doesn't show on my phone) but new messages won't sync.

The best part of this app was being able to send/receive texts from your computer while doing other things. The Windows store version takes up at least twice the real estate, and won't let you have a separate window open for each conversation.

So they've taken away the ability to send/receive texts from your computer, and if that worked, taken away the ability to multtask without wasting your whole screen. It's not even very responsive, which is what these "apps" are supposed to be designed for. 

I don't expect them to support several different versions of their software, but I do expect them to continue to offer and support the version that works until it's replacement can function at a basic level. Lay off of the useless features like postcards until you get the basics down. 

To sum it up, in case anyone from Verizon's support or development teams actually read these, let me make it very clear and concise: Create an app that can send AND receive text messages. If you get that down, keep it out of the stupid Windows store. I love Windows, but the store, and basically everything in it, is an ad-jammed piece of garbage.

tractor1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Access Denied also.

My Message+ app on Windows 7 hasn't shown a new text message in 5 days. I'll try to re-install it.

I am sad to hear Verizon once again can't afford to keep their customers happy. Fortunately I have the download file still. But I'm sure they will kill the functionality of it soon. 

adannin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wish I still had the Win 7 .exe. Can't find it anywhere on the Verizon site or web. Stopped syncing a few days ago, so I tried uninstalling not realizing I wouldn't be able to find it again. The Microsoft store version is awful as everyone points out, for lots of reasons, and doesn't work currently anyway. The web version is horrible too. There hasn't been an update to the Microsoft store version in years. Verizon told me today that they have an open ticket since Aug 19th that sync isn't working, just hope they fix it soon. And wouldn't it be nice if they updated the Window app!

LionAround
Enthusiast - Level 1

the old win7 version does not work well on WIN10.   Does Verizon provide this download without going though the Microsoft store?  That is a huge inconvienience and it would be helpful to download it directly from Verizon.