VZM and VZM+ are not pulling data from my phone to the desktop app. I was wanting to try out the Integrated Messaging service but I cannot make my phone sysnc to the PC or Cloud. Any suggestions?
SNAITAZ

I am using a Droid Mini with version 4.4.4. I spoke with 3 different VZ online chat techs yesterday and although we did make some progress, the various apps I was told to install are still not operating as expected. On this phone I have 6 messages that I need to maintain because they may be used in litigation. One of those SMS/conversations is quite lengthy with the thread encompassing some 2000 messages. I like the way the phone maintains the entire thread as one and I would like to keep it that way for printing out later in court use. I have copied and/or backed up these messages to GMAIL but it has a 100 message limit so it breaks down that SMS into several 100 unit messages. Not good. I also tried MS Live, Outllook.com, Outlook Live and several others to see if they could maintain my messages in their respective thread but no joy.

So yesterday I contacted VZ through chat and they introduced me to Message+ and Integrated Messaging which would sync my phone to my desktop and the Cloud. The phone originally was using Messaging, the one with a green app and smiley face. When I installed Message+ it replaced Messaging nicely and captured all my photos and SMS perfectly. Yay! Unfortunately the Cloud version of the backup is missing some items and the desktop version of Message+ does not sync at all. When launching M+ I get a popup that informs me I need to install Backup Assistant+ and its companion app. My Droid has those apps under the "ALL" section but they are grayed out and I cannot enable them or do anything with them at all. Which brings me to now.

Is there something wrong with the apps or do I need to install something different? BTW I have tried the standards already like SMS Backup and Restore and SMS Backup+ and an assortment of others, no joy. Help please.

Al

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZM and VZM+ are not pulling data from my phone to the desktop app. I was wanting to try out the Integrated Messaging service but I cannot make my phone sysnc to the PC or Cloud. Any suggestions?
SNAITAZ

Here is an update. My information apparently made it to the cloud because I can now see it on the Cloud phone app. Unfortunately when I use the web access to the Cloud, my information is not there??? What's that about?

0 Likes
Re: VZM and VZM+ are not pulling data from my phone to the desktop app. I was wanting to try out the Integrated Messaging service but I cannot make my phone sysnc to the PC or Cloud. Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to keep your messages safe SNAITAZ. If you access the Verizon cloud on your computer are you able to view the text messages?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sneakylittlespy

Have you looked into the app IF by ifTTT? it can save your text messages into spreadsheets in your Google drive.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes