Unwanted vtext.com messages, but not a Verizon customer
henfre

Hello,

Please forgive me if anything about my post is incorrect---I've never used a forum before nor the Verizon community. I have tried to post correctly to the best of my knowledge.

First of all, I'm not a Verizon customer. Nevertheless, I'm receiving spam from the vtext.com service, and I cannot register for an account to stop the messages because I'm not part of Verizon. Is there another way that I can stop vtext.com messages? I'm using prepaid, and it cuts into my message limits. I don't want to have to pay or these unwanted messages. I don't use this phone very often, and the vtext messages are consuming my credit.

I've tried SMS blocker apps, but my credit is still being charged for the vtext.com messages. Any information or direction on how to stop these unwanted messages would be appreciated.

As a side note, these messages come from different numbers each time, but they always end in @vtext.com. Ideally, I would like to turn off vtext.com to my number entirely if this is possible.

Thank you.

Henfre

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unwanted vtext.com messages, but not a Verizon customer
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It sounds like you are getting SPAM text messages from random people/users.

Verizon itself does not send out messages using the @vtext.com address protocol.

You would need to check with your own service provider to see if they have a means for you to block an entire domain so that you don't receive messages from vtext.com addresses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unwanted vtext.com messages, but not a Verizon customer
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It sounds like you are getting SPAM text messages from random people/users.

Verizon itself does not send out messages using the @vtext.com address protocol.

You would need to check with your own service provider to see if they have a means for you to block an entire domain so that you don't receive messages from vtext.com addresses.

0 Likes