Unlimited texts?
CDmama

My husband and I have a shared account with 1400 minutes and unlimited texting.  However, on the last bill we received an extra $10 charge for texting?  Is there a limit on unlimited texting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited texts?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

CDmama wrote:

My husband and I have a shared account with 1400 minutes and unlimited texting.  However, on the last bill we received an extra $10 charge for texting?  Is there a limit on unlimited texting?

Are you sure it is not for the data plan instead? If you have unlimited messaging for $30 a month (family unlimited messaging) then no there is no limit.All unlimited.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your 1400 Talk/Text plan should be $119.99 a month.  I see on your profile that one of the phones (both maybe?) is an Env3 and that does require a $9.99 data plan per month, as TheGreat One said.  The Talk & Text IS unlimited texting, no extra charge for that. 

Another possibility that comes to mind is a Premium texting charge - a service that gives you alerts, okes, sports scores, , horoscopes, etc.  Some alert services are free, others are considered "premium" and charge $9.99 - $19.99 per month.  You can see if this is what it is, and cancel or block all Premium services on your account, and possibly get this charge reveresed if it is something you did not sign up for.  FOr more information on Premium texting shenanigns, just search these boards....there are numerous posts about this.

0 Likes
CDmama

ok so it turns out it was for a premium text.  after my husband has been teasing me mercilessly for my insane texting last month (I did have 9684 texts) it turns out he forgot he donated $10 to the Haiti relief fund.  *rolling eyes*

thanks for trying to help ease my fears! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

CDmama wrote:

ok so it turns out it was for a premium text.  after my husband has been teasing me mercilessly for my insane texting last month (I did have 9684 texts) it turns out he forgot he donated $10 to the Haiti relief fund. ...

At least it was a legitimate charge, and for a worthy cause....most "premium" text charges that show up are of another variety.  Thanks for posting back with the resolution!

0 Likes