Unlimited Text Messaging & Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging
tomkay44

I'm on the NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE with both Unlimited Text Messaging & Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging on our three phones.  I use to be able to send picture, video and sound messages without getting the 1.99 MB charges.

I have to block Ringback tone Purchases, V Cast Video Clips, Application Downloads, V Cast Music, Mobile Web, Premium SMS and there is Data Block on my account.

Verizon said I have to have all these block to prevent my family accumulating all those Mega Byte ($1.99) charges.  Verizon also says that since all MY pictures, sounds and videos sent MOBILE 2 MOBILE have to go thought the web I can no longer send them with theses blocks.  The also said Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging CHARGES EXTRA IF YOU SEND SO MANY MBs.  Doesn't sound very unlimited to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Text Messaging & Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging
Blackout
Enthusiast - Level 3

tomkay44,

The blocks are preventing you from doing what would be considered unlimited. No text/pix/flix should be getting sent through the net. text and pix/flix use the 1x service network to be transmitted. Evdo is internet and video files. With this being said, most likely the person who blocked the features blocked something called national enchanced service access. This feature is required to transfer pictures and video.

Unfortunately, the net also is impacted by national enchanced service access, on certain handsets, so you wont be able to use pix/flix as long as you keep it blocked.

0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Text Messaging & Unlimited Picture/Video Messaging
7riv1lif2414
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just got off the phone with a customer service rep.  This was the fourth phone call in as many months in an attempt to resolve the 1.99 charge every month.  I had blocked everything on the phones except messaging and phone calls.  Each time I have gotten a different story, but tonight's answer enlightened me to Verizon's deceptive practice of providing UNLIMITED text, picture,and video messaging but then charging the MB use if you receive a photo or video.  Somehow this is not UNLIMITED and I believe they are conducting a bait and switch on this.  We did not have this problem until we purchased two LG Voyager phones.  Two of our phones still have the option to receive pictures without the MB download, but I was totally unaware that UNLIMITED did not mean UNLIMITED.  This sounds similar to the deceptive marketing practices that they got nailed for in 2007 on broadband services.  I think someone needs to explain to this company what UNLIMITED means.