Unknown error Verizon Messages
adam0205

i have an iPhone 6s. I had Verizon Messages installed. I accidentally unistalled it. The app was working perfect. Now after reinstalling and inserting the activation pin that it sent to my regular messages app it gives me an unknown error. If I use a different phone number it activates perfectly. I believe it has something to do with having it installed previousl. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unknown error Verizon Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adam0205, We know the importance in having access to this messaging platform, we'll work together to get this resolved for you. Do you have the latest software version installed on your device? The other number that you entered, is it a phone number on the account?

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adam0205

Yes I have iOS 11.2.1 and it’s also the version of messages that the App Store has so the neesest update. The other number I used was just from a free texting app that gives you a new phone number. (Text now) which worked perfect but my actual real phone number that was working is now giving that error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

adam0205, getting this messaging service working is a must. Can you go to http://spr.ly/6588DHHWj website. Log in to your profile. Tap on the Menu (three white bars in the up red banner. Tap on Manage Device. Disconnect any device connected including your mobile phone. Retry on your mobile device to reconnect back to Verizon Messages. Let us know how it works.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adam0205

I don’t have a my Verizon. I’m actually using straight talk on Verizon towers but it worked perfectly fine before.

0 Likes