Unhappy longtime Verizon customer
Sky89

Have old unlimited plan. Want to upgrade phone and being told that must change plan in order to do so. Not good for Verizon to do business with customers that way. Also son recently changed devices when his broke .. Not informing me . I had insurance. Ugh ! The story goes now trying to get son a new device. Verizon said no because under new contract. Really ! Son was putting old device on same plan and was told phone that was once on that plan was not compatible and MUST change plans therefore leading to new contract. He brought old device into forced contract and now cannot upgrade to NEW device because said contract. That is wrong on so many levels!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unhappy longtime Verizon customer
Weth
Legend

The unlimited policy has been around several years now. You can still keep unlimited by paying full price for your phone. If you want Verizon to subsidize the price of the phone, you will lose unlimited. Frankly, they won't mind losing unlimited customers now.

Sounds like the changes on your son's line is all on him. How does he have permission to do all this without the permission of account owner?  How long ago was the change. There are loyalty plans that reset a contract for 1 year, sounds like that is what he agreed to.

Re: Unhappy longtime Verizon customer
Snn5
Legend

Sky89 wrote:

Have old unlimited plan. Want to upgrade phone and being told that must change plan in order to do so.

Yes, upgrading a phone at a reduced price will require a new contract. 

Not good for Verizon to do business with customers that way.

Contracts cannot be renewed with plans that are no longer offered.

Also son recently changed devices when his broke .. Not informing me . I had insurance. Ugh !

So, his phone had insurance, but he didn't tell you he changed devices when it broke?  What device did he have and change to?

The story goes now trying to get son a new device. Verizon said no because under new contract. Really ! Son was putting old device on same plan and was told phone that was once on that plan was not compatible and MUST change plans therefore leading to new contract.

Unless there was a plan change, for which there shouldn't have been unless he somehow went over your head with your information, and upgraded to a new phone requiring a new contract, I don't see how using an old device would change the plan at all.

He brought old device into forced contract and now cannot upgrade to NEW device because said contract. That is wrong on so many levels!

I still don't understand how using an old device would begin a new contract, or even how it was forced, or how he would manage to do so without you knowing.

0 Likes