Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped
berktown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

When I use Verizon Message+ app to text a picture, after I tap a picture to attach it to a text message, I get the error:  Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped.

I already force stopped the app, cleared the data and cache, and restarted. The error persists.

When I go to the Play Store to attempt to update the Verizon Messages app, I get the message:  ! Your device isn't compatible with this version.

My current app version in "app info" is reported as 5.5.4

See thread linked below.

I CAN tap and hold the picture, tap Attach, and then the picture will attach to the message. But I cannot simply tap the picture to attach it to the message.

Is there a way to fix this error?

I recently bought this phone (HTC One M8) and it just had a factory reset; this is the only error I have experienced so far with this phone.

Re: I recently updated to Lollipop and Verizon Message+ will not attach pictures.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unfortunately, Message+ has stopped
Not applicable

HI berktown,

RE -  'not compatible'  error message 

Please follow these steps to resolve the issue. Hopefully it will also resolve the photo attach issue.:

Go to Application Manager> Select Google Play Store – Select ‘Clear Data’.  Try the update install again.

If you need more assistance, let us know.

THANK YOU,

ALIE @ VERIZON MESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is really odd that you're having such a hard time with the Verizon Messages app sending picture messages, berktown. I know how important it is to be able to use this feature. Let's get it working properly.

How long have you had this phone? I do see you need to have the verision 5.5.17 or later for the Messages app. What software verison do you have on the phone? You can check by going to Apps> Settings> About> Software Information

Also, you can try removing the application, then restart your phone, and re-download it and see if you get the current software so you can send Picture Messages.

Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
berktown
Enthusiast - Level 1

To answer your questions:

1. I have had this phone for about 4 days. It was factory reset before I received the phone.

2. I have Android version 5.0.1

You suggested removing the Verizon Message+ app. How do you do that? This is a Verizon branded phone and the app came with it pre-installed. There is no Uninstall option for this app in Settings>App manager.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI berktown,

RE -  'not compatible'  error message 

Please follow these steps to resolve the issue. Hopefully it will also resolve the photo attach issue.:

Go to Application Manager> Select Google Play Store – Select ‘Clear Data’.  Try the update install again.

If you need more assistance, let us know.

THANK YOU,

ALIE @ VERIZON MESSAGES

0 Likes
berktown
Enthusiast - Level 1

I followed your directions to clear data from the Google Play Store app. Then I tried to update the Message+ app again. Initially it did not solve the problem. However, some syncing or updates, or some kind of mojo happened and the next day when I decided to try to update the Message+ app again, it worked and I was able to update to the latest version.

Between force stopping, clearing caches and data on both the Message+ app and the Play Store app, it eventually cured my issue. I'm not sure exactly which action worked or if it all worked in tandem, but I'm good to go now. I'll go ahead and mark Alie's answer as correct and consider this problem solved.

In the latest version of the app, the sequence involved to attach a picture is somewhat different than the previous version, but I haven't encountered any error messages so far in the latest version 6.1.1.  I will say that the latest version of the app is very cool and I'm really impressed by all the features that it has now.

0 Likes
saunterr44

My wife's Verizon messager has halted, won't fire up, we get the dreaded message.

Please reply to assist

Mike

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Meggk28

Mine has stopped as well I would like answers because I love this app and have been using it ever since I've been with verizon and that's been for about 5 yrs now. Please help!

0 Likes
Tmobilechap
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Sparkyonfire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, me to 10 minutes ago. I can long hold to get into it but not start it. Force stop, reboot, no use

0 Likes
Tishtock

Mine is not working either! This is so frustrating!

0 Likes