Unable to restore from SD card on Pixel XL
YVOGAR98

Help!!

I stored all of my text messages on SD card. I am able to see saved file when Pixel XL is connected to PC but unable to restore from that folder. Verizon Cloud restored all my other messages, except 3 threads.

Help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to restore from SD card on Pixel XL
YVOGAR98

What response?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Pixel XL doesn't support a SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
YVOGAR98

Ann154  My question is regarding restoring a message from a folder transferred to my phone from a SD card. I am not asking about my phone being able to support a SD card.Thank you though for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you get all of your messages restored to your phone! To which device are you trying to restore your text message threads? Your PC or your PixelXL? Walk me through the process you are using to restore these messages so I can understand what you have tried already.

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YVOGAR98

Hi Nick!

I am trying to restore my messages from my Pixel XL.The messages are saved onto a folder on my PC that has been transferred to my Pixel XL. I am able to see the saved file in the folder on my PIxel XL when I view the contents on the PC (see Screen Shot below). But, when I restore messages from Verizon Messages app and select Restore messages from SD Card (as you see in path the messages are saved under VZmessages on my Pixel XL). There are no messages or files saved under VZmessages (see 2 Internal Storage.jpgadditional screen shots)

Pixel XL Folder ScreenShot.png

Saved Conversations.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you still have the original device, I would personally recommend using a third party SMS backup application from the Google Play Store to backup all the messages on that device and not just the past 90 days. You can then transfer those messages from the original device to the new phone.

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes