Unable to receive Facebook SMS verification codes
vknowles
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a continuation of a discussion that I think is locked--I can't post a reply there: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Facebook-SMS-text-verification-co... 

After looking around a lot, I think I've found a solution for my situation. I had a "verified" Verizon phone number with Facebook, but for some reason it did not receive SMS texts with reset codes, etc.

I found a Facebook setting under "Mobile Settings" that seemed to solve the problem. I set "Text Messaging" on--it had been off--and now it shows "Text Activated" under my phone number.

FYI, in case it works for you.

Facebook Mobile SettingsFacebook Mobile Settings

0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive Facebook SMS verification codes
Kiimmm
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's great but how did you even get into your account and settings to change that option??

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Considering the thread you linked is over 3 years old, it is appropriate that it was locked to new replies. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that your Facebook is working as expected. Are you having problems authenticating your number with Facebook? Have you reached out to Facebook Support for assistance? - AlbertoR_VZW 

Fnaushad
Enthusiast - Level 1

No. I’m still not getting identity verification text from Facebook. I cannot get into my Facebook account and I’m not getting the code in text to verify my identity. 

Fnaushad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Facebook support doesn’t have a human contact to help us out. Facebook keeps redirecting us to identity verification page and says a code was sent to this number. The number is correct but a code is never received. I do have text messages enabled in the Facebook settings. It seems to be a problem at the Verizon end. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Getting the assistance you need and deserve is a must. Can you please clarify, are you have issues with any other text/ verification text other than Facebook? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
ryancbede

I am currently having this issue, and have been for nearly 48 hours. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ryabcbede, we are here for you to help in any way we can. Is the account connected with the proper number when needing to send you a code? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Tnick4316
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hopefully this helps someone else as well... I had the same issue (logged out FB then went to log back in and was never able to receive the code from sms text. My carrier is Verizon as well) after several unsuccessful attempts of trying different things, I decided to delete the FB app and then re-install FB app again. Not sure if this is a coincidence or not but a couple minutes later I received a bunch of sms text with codes that finally came through and I was successfully able to log back in FB.