Turn off Verizon Integrated Messaging on iOS
Emnits

Hi just got a brand new iPhone Xs....love it except I inadvertently turned on VZW Integrated Messaging, and I can't send photos to Android users, and I can get ANY cross-platform group texts at all. and now I can't turn it off. I don't have the app options the VZW guides say...i've spoken to VZW customer care multiple times....they're now saying it's an Apple issue???? Anyone run into this??

0 Likes
Re: Turn off Verizon Integrated Messaging on iOS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emnits, 

We are glad you love your new phone. Verizon Integrated Messaging is a great feature, but not required on an iPhone device. Apple has its own feature similar to this feature. Can you tell me how you turned off this feature? Do you have another device that you are using to get your messages on at this time?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Emnits

i received a Verizon text advising me to download and use it;  I didnt realize what it was at the time.  Now I know.

no, i don't have another device.  I'm trying to restart this iPhone as a new iphone (instead of the cloud backup, which has been messed up by the message+ app.  if this works, i really need to speak to a senior person on the Integrated messaging app team....something really isnt right here

BTW the VZW support team connected me with Apple...they assumed it was an apple problem since it wasnt covered in their scripting.  but the Apple person pointed out I no longer have the Group Messaging choice in my iOS settings, so Message+ really messed up my system...

0 Likes
Emnits

FYI....resetting the iPhone as a new iphone (instead of using cloud backup) brought back the group messaging function in Mesasges.   Something is definitely wrong with Integrated Messaing...I'd like a call...i'd like to use my Backup so I don't have to reset all these apps.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely understand where your concern is coming from, and we want to do everything we can to make this right! It definitely sounds like it could be coming from the phone specifically, so a replacement is the route I would take. Do you have any physical damage to the device? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Emnits

No, the Verizon reseller I purchased it from just replaced it today.  I restarted the iPhone as a "new iPhone" and the problems were all resolved.   So the problem is in my profile, from when i downlonaded the Messages+ app. 

I am trying to restart the phone using the last backup from my old iPhone 7 (last friday) before all this started....will hope for the best

0 Likes
Emnits

FYI It did not work. Message+ has damaged all my backups in my profile.  I am extremely frustruated.  i need to redownload and sign into all thes apps, set up all the screens, etc...SO disappointed with Verizon.  All I wanted was the new iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emnits, have you been able to remove Message+ from your device yet? Did you uninstall your native messaging app - iMessage? If your device is fully backed up, you may want to perform a Factory Reset to return your device to its native settings.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes