Transfering Text messages to computer
lhcbmw

Is it possible to transfer my received text messages to my computer?  How to do?  Thank you for any advice.  Phone is a LG Voyager.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfering Text messages to computer
Utah84112

This phone appears to be supported by BitPim (LG VX10000).  Get a USB cable, software from BitPim, and transfer away.  BitPim is well documented at http://www.bitpim.org/help/.

0 Likes
Re: Transfering Text messages to computer
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

For a few messages, you can forward them to your email - and you'll need to include the time,sender, and other info as only message text gets forwarded.

A much better solution, as Utah suggested, is BitPim.  I have the Voyager, and was able to hook it up to my computer via the USB cable, and used BitPim to download all the messages on my phone to an Excel spreadsheet - and all the dates, times, phone numbers AND COMPLETE TEXT OF THE MESSAGES were there.  You can then save the file, and delete all the messages on your phone, and you'll have the record in the Excel file.

Just be careful with BitPim - it's very cool, very powerful, but it can brick your phone if you don't know what you are doing.  I use it to just LOOK at what's on my phone, and transfer info to my computer - I've never tried to send anything to the phone.

0 Likes