Texts not sending
hydroguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know this question has been asked before, but I have not seen an answer to it. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S7. I am using the Verizon Message+ App. version 6.7.7.  I can receive texts, but I can't send. I see the notification that the text message is Sending, but I do not get it to show Sent. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texts not sending
alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

hydroguy, I appreciate the feedback on your Verizon Messages texting concern and want to help get this resolved for you as soon as possible. I know that being able to send text messages is a fundamental feature you need and I don't want them stuck in sending status either.

Do you recall if this issue started after a recent software update or after updating the Verizon Messages app?

Please reference the link attached on how to Force Stop and Clear Data on the Verizon Messages app. Just in case the app isn't functioning properly, this will help clear any issues. Reset App - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

If you require additional steps to correct the issue of not being able to send text messages, you can use our online Verizon Troubleshooting Assistant attached. You may select "I'm unable to send or receive text messages" from the list provided. I hope this information is beneficial and please keep us posted on any changes. Troubleshooting Assistant for Samsung Galaxy S7 | Verizon Wireless

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

hydroguy, I appreciate the feedback on your Verizon Messages texting concern and want to help get this resolved for you as soon as possible. I know that being able to send text messages is a fundamental feature you need and I don't want them stuck in sending status either.

Do you recall if this issue started after a recent software update or after updating the Verizon Messages app?

Please reference the link attached on how to Force Stop and Clear Data on the Verizon Messages app. Just in case the app isn't functioning properly, this will help clear any issues. Reset App - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

If you require additional steps to correct the issue of not being able to send text messages, you can use our online Verizon Troubleshooting Assistant attached. You may select "I'm unable to send or receive text messages" from the list provided. I hope this information is beneficial and please keep us posted on any changes. Troubleshooting Assistant for Samsung Galaxy S7 | Verizon Wireless

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

STEFANIEANNE78
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is clearly happening to a substantially large amount of customers from all over the US - shouldn't someone be looking into why Verzon users (specifically Android users who cannot change how the text is sent) cannot send or receive texts as a whole?  

bigmyke719
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does this seem like a large scale outage?  I can't find any info/messages concerning it... 

Sethgarret1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess this is a nationwide problem, I haven't been able to receive or send all morning

prov1312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the clear cache thing,  did not work.  

0 Likes
wkmil8116

not been able to send a yesst or receive all morning, messages just starting going through

0 Likes
wkmil8116
0 Likes
CECWAN46

I have been experiencing a problem of not being able to complete my text to my husband's phone.  Messages tell me my text was sent, but my husband does not receive.  He can text me and I receive in about 15 minutes.  We both have IPhones 7.

Also, I cannot connect with a phone call to him.  His phone rings once and the auto message immediately says to leave a voice mail.  I do leave a message but he does not receive the voice mail from me.  

This just started a couple of days ago.  He and I both can connect by text and phone call to our other contacts.  I went to ITunes and synced both phones but it did not matter.  I turned off a third party app for malware, but that made no difference.  I also rebooted both phones.  Did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, everyone, for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about your text messaging issues. I rely on my text messaging every single day so that I am able to reach out to my friends and family. I understand that it must work. Let's provide you with the information that you need. There was a nationwide text outage however it is now resolved. Please power cycle your devices and test it out. If you are still having the same issues, please let us know.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes