Re: Texts are extremely late in being delivered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moddo345, we know how important it is to ensure you are receiving your text messages as soon as they come in. Have you verified the Messages+ application is up to date? Do you experience difficulties with the data on your phone, such as browsing the data or using other applications on your phone? 

0 Likes
moddo345

I don't know how to verify if the Message+ application is up to date. I see in Settings that the version I have is 6.9.1. Wouldn't the app be updated periodically, just like all the other apps on my phone?  Every time I charge my phone, another batch of apps gets updated.  I did not notice any difficulties while browsing.  I do not have notifications set on all my apps, only a few.  I have not noticed any delays in getting notifications for any other apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Moddo345, we appreciate these great details. To check your app, please go to the Settings, Apps, scroll to Messages + and let us know which version you see. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when the messages appear to be delayed? What storage do you have left available on your phone? This may be checked by going to the Settings and Storage.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bricate

Same with me

So dam annoying 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having the same issue with delayed messaged, bricate. When did this start for you? Which version do you have installed? Do you get an error? If so, what does it say? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Okchicklets
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem for the past 8 or 9 months with my Galaxy S9 +. It's  obvious that with all the complaints for the same issue, Verizon couldn't  care less, and as usual, they have no intentions to address the issue. It's just pathetic the way they treat their customers. Obviously they forget who keeps their pay checks coming in. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Okchicklets, this is certainly not the way we want you to feel. We want you to have an exceptional cellular experience. Upon reviewing the thread we have provided several troubleshooting options with no feedback. Have you had an opportunity to try any of these? If you use the Samsung default messenger do you get the same result?

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
Markedoc

11.29.19 and having the same problem.  Texts were received from relatives all throughout the night.  LG G6 phone.  version 6.9.6.  No idea what is causing the problem, but I assume it's my phone or network since it's an issue with texts from different people in different states, etc.

Help!

0 Likes
E_M_Lehman

I have been having this issue since I got my Moto Z2 Play about 6 months ago.  As long as Message+ is open, I see new messages.  If it is not the "active" application or not open, the moment I open Message+, texts start showing up.   My daughter had to ... get this... actually CALL me.. because I did not see her text.  Humor aside, from reading through these replies the situation has been happening for years.  My wife's Moto Z4 does not seem to have the problem and neither does my daughters Iphone.   The issue is not signal or presence or lack of wi-fi.  At home with 4 bars and full wi-fi signal, I won't get texts till I open the application.  

0 Likes
Chi-TownDeadhead

Good evening,

I have had this issue for over 4 years. It's happened on a Nexus 6p, a Moto G6 & now a Moto G7.  I do not use messages+. It happens all the time and I'm in Chicago. It happens with all my contacts and usually at least once a week. 

The last time it happened was this Sunday while in a bar watching the playoff games. A friend who wasn't there texted the five of us. All 4 get the text within 5 seconds of each other. I received it 10 minutes later. It has become a running joke with my friends. None of them have Verizon and the break down of phones were 2 iPhones & 2 Android. 

The only thing I haven't seen mentioned here is that I buy my phone outright and not from Verizon. I slip my SIM card in and am good to go, except for text messages. Could my sim card be the issue? Am I being punished for not buying through Verizon? I've talked to numerous reps over the years and it's always been, we'll pass it on to tech support. 

I guess this will be my final attempt to fix this issue but it doesn't seem to have helped anyone else. 

As for the suggested fixes, I cannot reset the simple messages app and I will not be resetting my phone since this is the 3rd new phone it has happened on. However, with the new phone, it is happening way to often now and it is a serious impediment to my business.

Thanks

0 Likes