Re: Texts are extremely late in being delivered
Bunky67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had delayed messages on message plus since whatever android update in October 2017.  it happens with everybody anywhere I am. I'm in Cleveland TN. I will expect a response, look for hours & nothing, then 3, 8 or 15 hours later a text comes thru saying it came immediately after my earlier text. When people are trying to let you know things before the next day or before you leave somewhere, we might as well have land line phones. I even got a completely new phone & it did the same thing as soon as I started using it, so no factory reset is going to fix this. I use message plus so I don't lose all my texts when I have to switch phones, but this is not acceptable. I keep hoping there will be an update to fix it, but after a year & 1/2 it's not looking good.

purplenova

I started having a similar issue saturday 7/20/2019. First occurance was at 9:18am. Sent a text and the other person didnt receive it till 10:35am. The receiver is an Iphone and its always on since he works from home and monitors emails from his employer 24/7.

Second occurance was Sunday 7/21/2019 at 6:03pm. Sent text to the wife, she just received it today 7/22/2019 approx 8:32am. 14 hours later.

Both times I was not in range of any Wi-Fi, but it was turned on.

My phone is an LG V30 last update was VS99620L on 7/9/2019.
Android 8.0.0

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

purplenova, this is definitely not the text performance we tout on our network, and I agree we must take a deeper look. Were these two examples above text sent while at the same location?

When using the link below I typed “deliver” and chose “Text messages are delayed or slow to deliver” .

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-v30-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&LG-VS996&9119/symptom_...

This runs through a battery of tests that lead to “Reset all settings”. If you could, follow those steps and share with us if the delay continues.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
bws9
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed last few months phones are not working as well and Verizon text messages sre lagging and very slow to load. Phone takes about 45 sec- 1 min to connect, and sometimes you have to hang up the call and start over unti the call will finally go through. This reminds me of when cell phone service just started years ago. I HAVE CALLED VERIZON BUT KNOW HELP. They always say they have it set to a teck support, they will call you back, never fix never called back even one time

Bunky67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been all over town, out of town & out of the country & have had this issue for almost 2 years now. I'm not about to completely reset my phone, because it didn't fix the problem when I bought a brand new one (that does the same thing) when my screen was being fixed. Sometimes when I open the message plus app to send a text, then it dings & several come thru from hours before. This has been going on since whatever update happened in October of 2017

Texts are extremely late in being delivered
arunalayam

Hi,

I have the same issue. Right now I have a galaxy s9. Before that, I had an LG V10. All of these phones had the same issue. I receive texts extremely late and that specifically from my wife. Many a times I get the message after the fact and it is extremely difficult to convince someone that the text messages are getting delayed from the greatest wireless network in the US.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear the text messages received from your wife are delayed. It is important you are able to receive texts messages when they are delivered, and we will do everything to help. We have some questions to better assist. Does this issue occur with other numbers? Are you able to text her number without issues?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
afaa

I'm having the same problem with a new phone (1 month old) Motorolla Z3. Text messages to a single person came about 30 minutes to 1 hour delay in the middle of downtown Seattle Pike Place Market on 10/09/2019 using Message+. I have similar reporting from family members having messages delayed with iPhone 8 on Verizon as well. 

So far from reading this forum, Verizon customer service only recommends either resetting the phone or the message app, which seems like a scripted response. This seems to me like a network issue with Verizon. Please fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text has become the preferred method of communication for just about everyone these days, afaa. We appreciate that you took time to read through suggestions in the thread. While I saw the reset suggestions you mentioned, none of the members replied back on their results. We work hard to collect reports when things don’t go correctly, so our app developers can fix the issue. We encourage you to email the developer directly using the steps outlined on this page: http://spr.ly/660111kFJ. Taking these steps will send vital information directly to the app team from your device, which will compliment us placing this example onto our forums. In the meantime, another recommendation is to delete the person’s contact information (after making sure you have it saved elsewhere), powering down your device fully for at least a minute, and then powering back up. Prior to adding this person as a contact, it’s recommended to attempt a text message to the person directly (by entering his / her number in the “to” field). The results of this test will determine our next steps.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
moddo345

I have come across this thread while looking for possible causes for the delays in receing texts via Verizon's Message+.  I have not been as diligent as the other posters, and did not record the actual dates and times when I noticed the delays. However the delays are not limited to a specific contact, as they seem to be for other people, and they are pretty random.  Also, I don't know when the texts are actually received.  Even though I have my notifications turned on, there will be no notification displayed, and when I access Message+ for any given reason, I see an unread text waiting.  I have only noticed this in the past few months, nothing going as far back as 2017.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S7.

About the solution involving resetting the phone, or switching to a different texting app, would that make me lose the conversations saved in Message+?

0 Likes