Re: Texting to the US from Mexico
omarreyes
This for $54.99?
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

"The cost for texting from Mexico is .20 cents"

Also, I don't think the Nationwide plus Mexico will do you any good.

0 Likes
omarreyes
Oh
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I thought you saw the .20 figure I gave you.   Yes, $54.99 would be the monthly cost.  It would give you voice coverage and e-mailing.   However, if it just has to be text and nothing else then I don't know of a cheaper way to go . . . sowy :smileysad:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
The Canda and Mexico plans only cover you for calls.  Basically, your Long Distance Calls will be charged against your minute allowance instead of adding to your bill.  It's really only for people who travel frequently or do business in Canada.  If that's not you, then it won't do you any good.
0 Likes
omarreyes
The plan wouldn't do me any good because if I wanted to call I could borrow and uncles house phone and buy a phone card. It would be much cheaper. All I really want is texting. You actually think if I call Verizon they could add that to me?
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Look at it again . . . it covers Mobile Email as well but this person has to have texting which is not listed.  I think the .20 cents is about as good as it's going to get

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Call Verizon and see what they say . . .

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
omarreyes

ok. well thanks for your help.

hmm one more question about regular picture texts. is it true that when i send a picture text message in the US that it take one minute of my minutes?

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Well I'm not sure if it takes "one" minute to send a picture.   I do know that Verizon rounds UP minute use which is why tracking minutes on your phone is NEVER in synch with verizon's calculation of your minutes.    However, if you have a picture messaging package then this should not be costing you anything (data wise or minute wise).    At least as far as I know . . . LOL!

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes