Texting multiple contacts
Taulds

When I send a text message to multiple contacts the contacts are unable to see the others response.  The replies do not show in the original text either.  help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting multiple contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Taulds

Thanks for clarifying. Let’s take a closer look.

After selecting the multiple recipients to receive a message, you should see a toggle bar that says “A Recipient’s reply to”. The options are “Group” and “Just Me”. “Group” messages are sent as Group MMS and capable recipients can send a reply to all recipients of the original message. “Just Me” messages are sent as Mass Text, so recipients do not see other recipients, and do not have the option to reply to the group. You will need to send as “Group” for all recipients to be able to see all replies. You can switch between sending Group MMS and Mass Text by pressing on the names at the top of a conversation thread (a toggle bar will appear). Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you want everyone to see who got the message/mail use to:

when i send to multiple i choose bcc: so no one sees who got the message/mail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taulds, sending out group messages is always a helpful feature on the devices now days. Has this always been an issue or did it just start recently? What kind of cell phone are you currenlty using? Also, what text message application are you using to send out the text messages? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Taulds

Thanks for your response. No this has not always been an issue, just

started. I have a Droid Maxx and using Message+ from google play. Do I

need to change apps? I do a lot of group messages with my family who all

have iphones.

Thanks

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Taulds

Thanks for clarifying. Let’s take a closer look.

After selecting the multiple recipients to receive a message, you should see a toggle bar that says “A Recipient’s reply to”. The options are “Group” and “Just Me”. “Group” messages are sent as Group MMS and capable recipients can send a reply to all recipients of the original message. “Just Me” messages are sent as Mass Text, so recipients do not see other recipients, and do not have the option to reply to the group. You will need to send as “Group” for all recipients to be able to see all replies. You can switch between sending Group MMS and Mass Text by pressing on the names at the top of a conversation thread (a toggle bar will appear). Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes