Text messages not coming through
jovigirl00

I have the LG8300 and for the 2nd time in the last week, I am not receiving messages.  How can I troubleshoot the issue?  I already have issues with screenshot pic messages not coming through, but I can live with that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages not coming through
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jovigirl00,

Oh no, let's get your text messages back in business! I know how important text messages are to me and this happening again isn't acceptable. What is your zip code? Do you have any text message blocks? What plan are you on? What was the resolution last time you were having issues? Please advise so we can further assist you.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jovigirl00

Zip code is 37931.  No message blocks. Share everything plan, this is only line/phone on the plan.  Last time, the messaging was hung up for about a day and a half; this time almost 48 hours exactly.  It just resolved on its on, and all the messages from the holding period came through at once.  Same thing this time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jovigirl00,

That's a crazy thing to have to go through, but we'll figure out what on Earth was happening. Your area looks A-Ok, with no reported outages. A little trick I've learned that helps with these sorts of things is going through the activation process again, which is very quick and easy - with no fees at all. Just call *228 from your phone and when prompted press 1 to activate. This will re-establish the connection between your phone and our network. If you experience this issue again go ahead and give that a try and let us know if that's all it took!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shbhb1221
Enthusiast - Level 2

its not just you - we are having the same issues, to the point where i am being accused by my husband of hacking his phone. Tech supports (slow) answer is, we dont see any outages

0 Likes
clcoffelt

Stop using Verizon messaging, use the default just text message
app your phone comes with. I had this same issue on my Samsung galaxy note 3
when i first got it. I turned Verizon messaging off no problems since.

0 Likes
Rongwey

If you're jumping back and forth between the default messaging app and the Verizon Messages app, then you would have send and receive problems. Choose one as default (I prefer the VM app) and use just that one.

0 Likes