Text messages have always been stamped with the wrong time zone
JTW182
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live more than an hour from anyplace on Central Time, but my messages are always stamped with the CST/CDT time zone. It is aggravating enough that I'm considering droping Verizon when my contract is up. This has been going on for at least 7 years, and I've called customer service 3 different times with no answer.

Browsing this message board, I see many others with similar problems and no solution. Anybody got any ideas? A new 4G tower went up two miles from my house a few months ago, so there is no doubt I am connecting to a modern tower on EST/EDT.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages have always been stamped with the wrong time zone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some phones allow you to choose your time zone rather than use the automatic Verizon-supplied time zone.  You may want to check your phone's Date and Time settings.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I suspect your MIN number is different than your cell number and the MIN is a number in another time zone. Mine is different but in the same time zone.

What device do you have? Let us know and maybe we can tell you how to view your MIN

0 Likes
JTW182
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG ENV Touch. Worst phone I've ever owned, but it won't fall in the lake like my last one did.

0 Likes
JTW182
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just an update: Found the MIN, and it traces back to a location that is in the Eastern Time Zone as well. No options anywhere that I can find that have to do with selecting time zones on the phone.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes