Text messages delayed or not notifying since upgrade to Android 6.0.1
TBenz

I've noticed since recently upgrading to Android 6.0.1 on my Motorola Droid Turbo that text messages are severely delayed or not notifying until I open the text message app. I am using Verizon Message+ as my default app.

The problem does not seem to be limited to group messages.  Many of the people I've noticed the issue with are using iPhones, but not all. I have tried restarting the phone to no avail.

What can I do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages delayed or not notifying since upgrade to Android 6.0.1
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rather than being due to the recent OS update, it's likely due to the recent updates of Verizon Messages.  There have been four updates recently and numerous posts on the forum with various issues.  The latest update:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
TBenz

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case since I was on the latest version of the app when I posted and even after switching to Google Messaging as my default text app, I was still having the same issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for updating us with the details about different messenger apps. That's just the type of information we need to get to the bottom of this issue. We know messaging is important, so we want a quick solution. Have you noticed if the problem happens regardless of what data network you are connected to? For example, does this happen when you are on a WiFi connection, and then also when you are on a 4GLTE connection?

EricW_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TBenz

The problem was happening regardless of the data network.  I ended up calling the Customer Support number and they had to reset my profile to "get rid of the glitches." I asked if there was anything I could have done differently to fix things from my end and the representative told me no.  Thanks for your help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes