Text limit question.
thr0xx

Hey,

My wireless plan allows for 300 text per month. Normally I do not use even half of that. But this month it has been kinda crazy for me and I am about to reach my limit in the next day or so. The month rolls over in 5 days and I need to be able to text. So I have 2 questions, how much is the charge for going over and is there any way to purchase additional texts for a small fee?

Thanks~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text limit question.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can bump up to the next plan for the current month by backdating it to the first day of the billing cycle - to cover the overages and avoid prorating the "new" plan - though I'm not familiar with a text plan of 300 messages?  (Alltel artifact, perhaps?)  Verizon's messaging plans tier in $5 increments.

The other route is to just pay for the messages over, at $.20 per message, or $.25 per picture message.  (Again, if this is Alltel, the #'s may be different - I'm not familiar with Alltel's plans)

HTH,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can bump up to the next plan for the current month by backdating it to the first day of the billing cycle - to cover the overages and avoid prorating the "new" plan - though I'm not familiar with a text plan of 300 messages?  (Alltel artifact, perhaps?)  Verizon's messaging plans tier in $5 increments.

The other route is to just pay for the messages over, at $.20 per message, or $.25 per picture message.  (Again, if this is Alltel, the #'s may be different - I'm not familiar with Alltel's plans)

HTH,

0 Likes
thr0xx

Im sorry my plan has a 250 text message limit not 300 and it is with verizon. I went to my account page and upgraded it to the 500 text per month plan for 10$. Thanks for the help Suzy.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were you able to backdate the plan to cover your texting for the whole month?  If not, it will pro-rate the portion of the month beofre the upgrade and you may end up with overages.  You may have to call customer service (*611 on your cell phone) and make sure it's backdated.  And you can always go back to your 250/month plan if you find you aren't using the 500 texts....

Glad to have helped out!

0 Likes