Text/data plan charges
BarbNoel

I think that Verizon should include unlimited text in the $29.99 and $49.99 data plans to make the bill cheaper for those who can not afford to pay $90 for the talk and text plan and the data plan at the same time. Plus it makes more sense for unlimited text to be included in the data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text/data plan charges
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Would it be nice to see a package deal with text and data included?  Yes!

Would it be nice to see the ability to choose between a data or text package on 3GMM phones rather than requiring a data package? Yes!

Is Verizon going to offer either of these options?  Probably not!  Requiring seperate purchases for each feature (even features like texting, which cost them next to nothing to provide) significantly increases your profitability without putting any additional strain on Verizon's infrastructure.  It also reduces the time they spend supporting people with billing issues.

So, in short, Verizon is greedy, pony up the cash and enjoy the ride.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I totally agree with you. It would be nice to see unlimited messaging to be offered on smart phones. My suggest would be to for the $29.99 to stay as is. The $44 data plan should offer unlimited messaging. That'd be a good deal. Right now on T-mobile I've for the unlimited messaging + unlimited web/email for just $34.99 a month. It's a great plan to have.

0 Likes
BarbNoel

I disagree with that I think both plans should have unlimited texting because nobody wants to pay $49.99 for the data plan including unlimited texting the talk plan is already to much just for 450 minutes thats too little and Verizon is just to expensive for no reason. Sprint has a plan where talk, unlimited texting and the data plan for $69.99 now thats a deal and Verizon needs to step up because soon customers will be switching companys. I think Im going to switch to Sprint

0 Likes